Getting Pregnant

A

alluneedislove

Hi I'm Teri and me and my fiance' are trying to get pregnant we have been trying for about 5 months so far nothing!! I'm wondering if other women have had this problem and what they did to conceive. Typically CF women have a hard time because of cervical mucus....I am on mucinex hopefully that will help. I am also charting my ovulation and my periods. I just want to be a mommy so bad and i hate waiting and being patient. Its so hard. So if you have any advice please help!!

Thanks Teri & Eric

A

alluneedislove

Hi I'm Teri and me and my fiance' are trying to get pregnant we have been trying for about 5 months so far nothing!! I'm wondering if other women have had this problem and what they did to conceive. Typically CF women have a hard time because of cervical mucus....I am on mucinex hopefully that will help. I am also charting my ovulation and my periods. I just want to be a mommy so bad and i hate waiting and being patient. Its so hard. So if you have any advice please help!!

Thanks Teri & Eric

A

alluneedislove

Thanks Teri & Eric

A

alluneedislove

Thanks Teri & Eric

A

alluneedislove

<br />
<br />Thanks Teri & Eric

K

Keepercjr

Teri

You're doing most of what you can do - you just have to give it time. I know that can be hard. By charting you mean taking your temp right? Are you also doing ovulation prediction tests? I charted my temps, checked my cervix and cervical fluid, did OPKs, took mucinex starting a few days before I expected ovulation, and made sure we had sex on the right days. I also took the herb vitex which helped raise my progesterone levels (I have a short luteal phase) and used a lubricant called "Preseed". It is the ONLY lubricant that is made specifically to help conception - all other lubes kill sperm. Preseed mimics fertile quality cervical fluid. Definitely get your hands on some preseed. It is expensive but you only need to use it around ovulation.

It took 4 months conceive my son, 1 month for my miscarriage and 2 months for my daughter. I should mention that I was also taking progesterone for my miscarriage and my daughter because I had a very short luteal phase at the time (only about 6 days - you need at least 10).

Have you read the book "Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler? It goes over all the charting stuff but you might also learn some new stuff. The book was a HUGE eye opener for me.

Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Teri

You're doing most of what you can do - you just have to give it time. I know that can be hard. By charting you mean taking your temp right? Are you also doing ovulation prediction tests? I charted my temps, checked my cervix and cervical fluid, did OPKs, took mucinex starting a few days before I expected ovulation, and made sure we had sex on the right days. I also took the herb vitex which helped raise my progesterone levels (I have a short luteal phase) and used a lubricant called "Preseed". It is the ONLY lubricant that is made specifically to help conception - all other lubes kill sperm. Preseed mimics fertile quality cervical fluid. Definitely get your hands on some preseed. It is expensive but you only need to use it around ovulation.

It took 4 months conceive my son, 1 month for my miscarriage and 2 months for my daughter. I should mention that I was also taking progesterone for my miscarriage and my daughter because I had a very short luteal phase at the time (only about 6 days - you need at least 10).

Have you read the book "Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler? It goes over all the charting stuff but you might also learn some new stuff. The book was a HUGE eye opener for me.

Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Teri

Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Teri

Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Teri
<br />
<br />You're doing most of what you can do - you just have to give it time. I know that can be hard. By charting you mean taking your temp right? Are you also doing ovulation prediction tests? I charted my temps, checked my cervix and cervical fluid, did OPKs, took mucinex starting a few days before I expected ovulation, and made sure we had sex on the right days. I also took the herb vitex which helped raise my progesterone levels (I have a short luteal phase) and used a lubricant called "Preseed". It is the ONLY lubricant that is made specifically to help conception - all other lubes kill sperm. Preseed mimics fertile quality cervical fluid. Definitely get your hands on some preseed. It is expensive but you only need to use it around ovulation.
<br />
<br />It took 4 months conceive my son, 1 month for my miscarriage and 2 months for my daughter. I should mention that I was also taking progesterone for my miscarriage and my daughter because I had a very short luteal phase at the time (only about 6 days - you need at least 10).
<br />
<br />Have you read the book "Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler? It goes over all the charting stuff but you might also learn some new stuff. The book was a HUGE eye opener for me.
<br />
<br />Good luck!

Kxray328

Mucinex helps with cm ??? I always thought an antibiotic would just be better then mucinex. If it helps that would be wonderful, I have been tryin also

AmalynRose

From what I understand, Mucinex thins cervical mucus, which thins naturally before ovulation. While pregnant, women should not take Mucinex (unless instructed by a doctor) because the cervical mucus thickens drastically to prevent bacteria from entering into the uterus. It also "plugs" the exit so as the cervix effaces there is still support for baby. It thins in the weeks before birth to allow baby a clearer exit.