GI doc needed in CT

Simba15

I am looking for a GOOD GI doctor who is knowledgeable about CF in CT. I am not happy with Yale for many reasons. Can anyone refer me to someone who is good and works with adults?

Printer

Steven D. Freedman, MD, PhD. Director of The Pancreas Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. His research is funded by CFF and he is a "Presenter" at every CF Annual Conference.

You should take a moment and GOOGLE him.

Bill

Simba15

Steven D. Freedman, MD, PhD. Director of The Pancreas Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. His research is funded by CFF and he is a "Presenter" at every CF Annual Conference.

You should take a moment and GOOGLE him.

Bill
Thanks Printer! That is 4 hours away. Good for consult and scripts but if I get sick it will be a problem

Printer

He has many patients who require an airline to bring them to Boston. I have been reading your posts for awhile and I would, strongly, advise you to drive or take the train but visit him at least once.

Bill

Simba15

He has many patients who require an airline to bring them to Boston. I have been reading your posts for awhile and I would, strongly, advise you to drive or take the train but visit him at least once.

Bill

I wrote him and asked him if he would see me. waiting.

Pinter,

I see you speak very highly of the doctors in mass. Obviously you live out that way but in your experience what makes them better than other doctors or has this been the only place you have had treatment for your cf issues? I ask out of curiosity not as an accusation or anything. I live in NY and have had many mixed feelings about the cf clinic here but since this is the only place I remember going (since I was 7) and it is close to where I live, and due to insurance of course I have not switched but would like to at least keep the thought in mind that if push came to shove I am not at the mercy of this area if I needed more than they could offer. Thanks for your time Bill.

oh and by the way your age is a great inspiration to me.

Printer

cheerful:

No not at all. A little over two years ago when I changed my care to Boston Children's Hospital, they announced that they would be closing the clinic for several days. It seems that Mayo Clinic's handling of CF patients was considered superior to Boston Children's. The reason for the close down was to have EVERY person involved in CF care to visit Mayo to "find out what it is that they are doing better than we are, so we can be better".

It is that desire to "be the best" that impresses me.

Steve Freedman is located at a hospital separate from Children's but in the same area. There are so few CF GI Doctors and he is one of the best. I tell everyone to Google him.

There are great CF Doctors in many places in the USA, including NY.

Thanks for your kind words.

Bill

Printer

cheerful:

There are four Approved CF Clinics in Massachusetts, by reputation, there are three that i doubt that I would go to.

Bill

cflawyer

I have been reading posts for a while and I know people are interested in information about the Affordable Care Act, medicare, Medicaid and coverage for CF care and medications. The Webcast described below is today at 2pm eastern time. Sorry I was not able to post as a separate post. Printer maybe you can re-post for me? Thanks in advance for any help. Hope you all can join for the Webcast today.

Webcast on Insurance and CF TODAY at 2pm eastern time!!

Do you need to know about new Medicare coverage rules? How to get help paying Medicare co-pays and deductibles? How to obtain an insurance policy that will cover all of your CF needs? How to get your current insurance to pay for your medications? What states allow adults with low income to enroll in Medicaid? Then Join us for a Webinar on Thursday, March 6th

As part of “Cystic Fibrosis Week at the ATS” and in conjunction with the ATS Public Advisory Roundtable partner the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the ATS hosts a live webinar on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 2:00 pm ET. The talk entitled “Improving Access to Cystic Fibrosis Care and Medication” will be presented by Beth Sufian, JD, attorney, CF patient, and director of the CF Legal Information Hotline.

Improving Access to Cystic Fibrosis Care and Medication
Date:
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Time:
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/745286665

CFkitty

Hi, I have CF and go to Yale as well. I am 42. I have been through half the entire GI team there and just yesterday went to Boston to see Dr Steven Freedman about Pancreatitis (thanks to Printer!).

If I may ask, what GI issue specifically are you seeking help for?

Simba15

Hi, I have CF and go to Yale as well. I am 42. I have been through half the entire GI team there and just yesterday went to Boston to see Dr Steven Freedman about Pancreatitis (thanks to Printer!).

If I may ask, what GI issue specifically are you seeking help for?
CF Kitty. I am NOT impressed with Yale!