GNC weight gainer

JazzysMom

I tried it......I am not impressed with it. Its very, very granually even if mixing in a blender. To get the most calories in an 8 oz glass is like drinking mud. I had to dilute it to probably 4 times the amount for me to tolerate it. It depends on the person. It was first mentioned to me because another patient at my CF clinic put on 15 pounds with it. I dont know if he mixed it as directed, but if he did GOD BLESS HIM! Its expensive, but I personally dont think its worth it. I would rather stick with Scandishake or Ensure. The taste itself isnt bad, but the consistancy from the large granuals is nasty!

anonymous

I tried it several years ago now, and it is very thick, I would do the same as Melissa and dilute it alot, I used 16 oz milk and also 16oz water. If you use all whole milk as they suggest it is super thick. It also bound me up pretty good, so may think to add some oil or with it. I would not recommend it. I have had more success with just ensure pluses and suppliementing some aminos, like glutamine to help use all the extra protien. I believe the gnc 2200 contains creatine which does help with weight gain by your muscles absorbing more water. If you wanted to try creatine (maybe ask your doc first) then you can just buy this seperately.

anonymous

Are you technically doing yourself any good if it is just water weight? Are you saying creatine does build actual muscle but causes you to absorb more water?

anonymous

hey whats up, im 16 about 135-140, ima junior in high school going into my senior yr and play cornerback in football, im just trying to bulk up a little bit over the summer, i have some GNC weight gainer at home but i havent started to use it seriously yet, i plan on using it soon so i could see some results, i just wanna know if this stuff really works and if it will help me put on some pounds over the summer, my weight room worker told me its pretty good but i just want another opinion, help me out...thanks

anonymous

Thats awsome if you are playing quaterback and have CF. The GNC weight gainer is tough to drink as you really need to dilute it and then it is a ton to drink. I would personnally just get a good whey protien to make protien shakes. What I have done in the past is add a can of ensure plus to my whey protien shake to get some extra calories in, etc. You could also get the carnation VHC (very high calorie) shakes which have over 500 calories per. Anyway, you can try the GNC weight gainer and see how you like it. It may be a good idea to run it by your doctor. Also, as mentioned before it has creatine in it, so mention that to your doc as well.

anonymous

Lots of variables given CF effects digestion on most, some worse than others. You will have to try it to see if it would work for you.

M

Markus

I use optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass the only issue that people might want to cosider is that it has like 75grams of Sugar but it does taste good and has helped me maintain my weight and even put weight on. Right now I am at my heaviest of 198 with about 9%BF if anyone was wondering...

M

Markus

I have to agree with you about the BSN True Mass, I dont think that it has a great taste like serious mass but its a lot healthier with a lot of fiber in the product. Good product for any one that wants an extra 600 cals