Got married!! ((health issue with home))

Vampy

we are very excited to announce that we got married! Lucas is back home and has been for almost two years where he belongs and is thriving, and i found the love of my life. We had also bought a mobile home which is an older mobile home, turns out it has mold in it. its been making me and my lil boy sick. But due to my husbands job being outsourced to mexico we can't afford a new mobile home to replace it. we are stuck, i cannot think of any place that would help us. any ideas ?? (NEB)

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Congrats on the marriage!
First, if the purchase is recent and you had a real estate agency involved (probably unlikely) or bought from a business (mobile home park), you might be able to get your money back if they didn't disclose the mold, which they likely knew. If either case is true, you might contact a local legal aid clinic to see if they will help.
Second, have you looked into Section 8 housing vouchers to maybe find a place to rent that is safer? I would think the social worker at your clinic could give you info on this (and any other local housing organizations that might help, even a habitat for humanity house??)
Good luck!

beleache

Sorry, No ideas .. I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting married ! Glad to hear Lucas is home (although I didn't know he wasn't lol) Take care Betty :)

JENNYC

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!! If you for sure can't get your money back like suggested have you thought of trying an air purifier to help combat the mold? They really are terrific!! God luck :)