Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

Kris Salmons

yea i would have to say coughing and everyone looking at you and then something comes up that only god knows what it is lol but that has happen alot

J

JenniferRose65

THIS IS GREAT! I say "A wild ___ appeared" in everyday conversation. From now on I'm saving it for "A wild cough appeared!" Thanks for that gem!

Also- I love Boost! But I've coughed it, dropped it, spilled it down my shirt...it's the worst thing to spill and even worse to clean up!

nhaggard07

When I was in elementary school I would hold back from taking a dump all day long. One the days I couldn't hold it anymore I would finally give in and go to the bathroom. The problem was that the bathrooms were in each classroom. It would stink so bad and I would be so embarassed because the teacher specifically bought air freshener because of me and when I would walk out she would be standing there waiting with the can and literally stop class and fumigate the bathroom for five mins. And 99% of the time I always had to take extremely long bowel movements so every five mins she would knock on the door and check on me. Also in high school I would constantly get detentions because my bathroom break pass was for ten mins and sometimes it took me a half an hour to have a bowel movent and they thought I was deliberately trying to skip class. Very embarrassing

nhaggard07

I've also had oily farts from malabsorption that would stain my clothing while in school and I would have to hide it all day.
This isn't gross but I also failed gym because I would refuse to shower because of my Gtube and I was very self conscience of my weight being 5'9 and 117lbs.