Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

Printer

Very true, Champ, if all that you know about CF is from the waist up. Research CF and PANCREATITIS. Between bon-bons.

Bill

JustDucky

Geez, this thread was started in good humor, for a few precious laughs. Considering how awful this season has been for many of our cysters and fibros, looking at the lighter side of things is not such a bad idea....flaming each other accomplishes what? This is totally inappropriate for the forums, if you guys have issues with each other, message each other privately. If I were a new member, I would absolutely shy away from the boards seeing this and how people are treated...there are so few places to turn to for support, it would be a shame to lose members who really could use a few shoulders to lean on or have some of their questions answered.
Jenn 41 wCF

azdesertrat

I just spent a week in the hospital in Boise.
During that time, a colonoscopy was ordered. I hadn't eaten in 5 days & still had to do a 'clean-out'.
While doing that, I messed my bed no less than 10 times.
I was buck-ass naked in front of 2 different woman while they were changing my bed & gown every time.
Yea, a tad on the em-BARE-assing side.
Thank God I'm home & back to 'normal'.

Lena Bean

My absolute worst gross CF stories.

I coughed up mucus on my SATs, wasn't allowed to leave the room or have a new test, so wiped it on my jeans. Still got a 1550. lol.
I poured an old pill bottled full of mucus in my hand thinking it was creon.
I puked in my hand in front of my bf while doing my vest, he had to take my vest off of me.
And I am 21 years old, on LOTS of antibiotics, forgot my creon, and pooped a little in bed, with my boyfriend in it with me. I cried for a good 3 hours. He didn't even flinch, didn't care, just took care of me and made me feel better. He's a true keeper.

Lena Bean

Also, Printer, Champ, I'm going to start flagging your posts because they are exceedingly hurtful and inappropriate, This isn't civil fighting. What both of you are saying is rude, not only to each other but every single other one of us who use this website. If it keeps up. I'm done with the website.

S

scm1226

Where is a moderator? Some of these posts need to be removed. I dont post often but look a bit and i am ashamed of both of you.

L

lizlas

I havent been on site in awhile. .. .But wow each of you should be so proud of what you have accomplished! ! ! and I hope both of you conyinue to accomplish your hopes and dreams! ! Good Luck. .Now please Shake hands and call a truce! !!

please dont waste your health time and energy on arguing . !!

Printer

I reserve the right to respond to any and all personal attacks that are directed at me. I would refer you to a post by LaChamp dated 12-23-2012 at 11:23 am. It was my first contact with this individual. He has been relentless in his continued personal attacks. I do not suffer fools easily and I will not suffer him in silence.

To those of you who wish to critique me, I would ask, where were you on 12-23-2012.

If these attacks, upon me continue, I will continue to respond. If those of you who express a problem with that, so be it.

Bill

JustDucky

I was referring to BOTH of you....you are adults, if you feel slighted, take it up with him privately...he should do the same and keep it off of the boards.

Jenn 41 wCF

Printer

Jenn:

You misunderstand. I don't "feel slighted", I feel that I am under a constant personal attack. You need to read his OP.

Bill

Twistofchaos

I do not suffer fools easily and I will not suffer him in silence.
If these attacks, upon me continue, I will continue to respond. If those of you who express a problem with that, so be it.

Nope, at 72 you'd think someone would know MUCH better.

Even worse, you pick a "fight" in any other thread you see LeChampion post in, derail and ruin it. Quite childish as well as very poor internet etiquette.
Besides, taking a look at that posthistory (everyone enjoys some drama right.) nothing is going on. LeChampion was pointing something out to you and instead of responding directly to what's being said you start throwing insults. Well done, taking a break from the mean internet might help.

kmhbeauty

We all have CF and are suffering with this disease. We are all on the same team!! Did you forget?? Us against CF!! I too got attacked when I was 23 (now 27) on this site from member who didn't believe I had CF. I guess back in the day they had a problem with people pretending to have CF. Anyways, it didn't feel good at all! I came to the forms for help, which I never ask for help, and people were out right mean. Everyone is seeking help and advice to help us with this disease, we all should not put each other down! Everyone has enough problems, lets not add to them!

JustDucky

I did read his OP, as well as yours...you accused him of being on welfare , lying around on a couch and eating bon bons, he referred to you as one of his "crazy uncles"...Sometimes it is just better to walk away...Either way, you should confront him privately. Hell, I'm called the "crazy aunt" by my nephews and nieces....I wear that badge proudly. Km, I remember that time well, it was terrible. The site was a mess for awhile because of those posers, we came to care about them and follow them, worry about them etc. only to find out that they didn't have CF after all. Unfortunately for you, you were caught in the cross hairs and for that, I am so sorry. That must have been horrible for you. It just goes to show how hurtful mean and condescending people can be. I know we lost a few members because of that type of behavior, it is totally uncalled for in ANY circumstance. I am glad you didn't leave even though you had every right to.

Jenn 41 wCF

Printer

Again I will say his OP was dated 12-23-2012 at 11:23 am. If you are not going to research this issue then you just DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I am not very interested in your opinion under any conditions but if you express it from a basis of ignorance of the history, I am even less interested.

Bill

kmhbeauty

Thank you JustDucky! I come and go on this site. Its a great tool though when we all pull our info together about our bodies to try to figure out this disease. Doctors have a degree, but we have the disease and sometimes I feel like I do a better job with my disease than getting help from a doctor, and some times I really need there help. Getting help from other cfers really helps me understand my disease even more! Cant we all just get along :)

azmaveth

+1 for foul and frequent gas, surprise projectile mucus, and clogging toilets. Let me add that I hate having constant congestion and more boogers than anyone I've ever known, even when I'm "healthy." Seems like I must have been a puppy in a past life since my nose is always slightly wet from the very slow-draining gunk in my sinuses. I also rust everything I touch. I've borrowed tools that turn brown with rust the day after I return them, not knowing at the time how to prevent it. I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years and had a constant battle keeping my weapons from rusting. One year at the rifle range, I was qualifying on both the M16 (rifle) and the M9 (pistol). During the combat firing stage, the guy to my left ejected two red-hot ammo casings onto my neck. I still have the scars, which look like a permanent hickey. Anyway, I ended up not being able to clean my pistol because I had to be seen for the severe burns. So later a guy from my platoon comes up to me and asks what happened to my M9, since it looked like I had given it a salt bath. Very embarrassing when you are a Sergeant and are supposedly setting the high standard for weapons-handling and training. Boot camp was also quite embarrassing, as being in constant close proximity to 80+ other recruits made it impossible to hide the issues with gas and toilet-clogging. Come to think about it, it is pretty amazing that with all the contact I had with other people at boot camp, I only had pneumonia and bronchitis once during those 13 weeks. I was diagnosed at age 34 last year on Valentines Day, so it's interesting to see how much I've learned about CF over the past year. It seems like almost every day I discover something else that has plagued me for my entire life that turns out to be a CF side-effect.

HDsporster

me too I always changin my clothes, the tube in a big pain, but it also saved my life and maintains my weight so, it is waht it is, u can always tape some gauze spell that right around the sight I know tape in not confortable but it will help..hope u feel great Derek 37 diag at 4 40 next month..I have had the tube for 16 years