GSH Curc Caps

idajune

From what I understand the GSH Cur Caps have NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) in them, and I found reference to the NAC affecting the liver. My question is I am on a maintenance daily dosing of Itraconazole, which is broken down in the liver, does anyone else take Itra and NAC, or know if there might be an issue taking both?

I have been reading up on GSH and NAC and all sorts of things since last night and really wanting to start the GSH oral, as I have a problem with hemoptasis and don't think inhaling would be a good choice. I was realy to order from Theranaturals when I thought of this question, I like the idea of the Caps because the have the curcumin also, but wondering if I should just order the Reduced L-Glutathione Caps instead.

Thanks,
Sarah

idajune

From what I understand the GSH Cur Caps have NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) in them, and I found reference to the NAC affecting the liver. My question is I am on a maintenance daily dosing of Itraconazole, which is broken down in the liver, does anyone else take Itra and NAC, or know if there might be an issue taking both?

I have been reading up on GSH and NAC and all sorts of things since last night and really wanting to start the GSH oral, as I have a problem with hemoptasis and don't think inhaling would be a good choice. I was realy to order from Theranaturals when I thought of this question, I like the idea of the Caps because the have the curcumin also, but wondering if I should just order the Reduced L-Glutathione Caps instead.

Thanks,
Sarah

idajune

Thanks,
Sarah

idajune

Thanks,
Sarah

idajune

Thanks,
Sarah

J

Joe2007

My personal experience with Reduced L-Glutathione Caps (nebulizing one cap with 2 oz of sterilized water in the morning and then another at night) has been very good. I believe it has significantly reduced inflammation. I have been doing this for 6 months. These caps with sodium bicarbonate have been very gentle on my lungs and have not been as irritating as other meds/treatments I nebulize. Just my personal experience.

J

Joe2007

My personal experience with Reduced L-Glutathione Caps (nebulizing one cap with 2 oz of sterilized water in the morning and then another at night) has been very good. I believe it has significantly reduced inflammation. I have been doing this for 6 months. These caps with sodium bicarbonate have been very gentle on my lungs and have not been as irritating as other meds/treatments I nebulize. Just my personal experience.

J

Joe2007

J

Joe2007

J

Joe2007

AnD

I would ask your doctor. I ran it ( the idea of taking GSH, NAC) through here first and then asked my GI and my CF drs, and they were both fine with it. I take both orally, and not inhaled.

I am not taking the med you are, but I have had liver issues and elevated enyzmes in the past, and they were both fine with me taking either one or both. NAC is actually what they give you if you get an overdose of Tylenol, to protect your liver. I was first interested in taking the GSH because of that. I don't know if that helps or not- sorry if not!

AnD

I would ask your doctor. I ran it ( the idea of taking GSH, NAC) through here first and then asked my GI and my CF drs, and they were both fine with it. I take both orally, and not inhaled.

I am not taking the med you are, but I have had liver issues and elevated enyzmes in the past, and they were both fine with me taking either one or both. NAC is actually what they give you if you get an overdose of Tylenol, to protect your liver. I was first interested in taking the GSH because of that. I don't know if that helps or not- sorry if not!

AnD

AnD

AnD

Diane

I have been on Oral GSH for about 5 + years now and one thing i remember about it is.....it is actually helpful to the liver. I dont know about NAC and have never taken it.
I used to be on Itraconazole for a few months and i'm now on Vfend ( for my aspergilloma) I personally would go with just the GSH until you can find out more about the NAC.

Diane

I have been on Oral GSH for about 5 + years now and one thing i remember about it is.....it is actually helpful to the liver. I dont know about NAC and have never taken it.
I used to be on Itraconazole for a few months and i'm now on Vfend ( for my aspergilloma) I personally would go with just the GSH until you can find out more about the NAC.

Diane

Diane

Diane