Guess what? My comptessor broke AGAIN!

catboogie

This is the third time in less than a year that my Pari Ultra II compressor has slowed and then died on me. This can't be coincidence, can it? Have any of you had this same problem?

All the times, the same thing happened: about 2 weeks before it died completely, it would start up slow when I turned it on. Then it would gradually work up to full speed after 15-20 seconds and run fine.

When I called PARI today they said that in the last two compressors I'd returned, the compressor rod had flipped. Anyone know what this means? The PARI woman didn't seem to know what it would be caused by. She asked if I used it for long periods of time and I said the max is usually about an hour (HS, Pulmo, and TOBI months). She said that should be fine.

Anyway, this problem is covered under the warrenty, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain it the ass, eh? I just can't help thinking there must be a defect in how the compressors are made.

Thoughts?

catboogie

This is the third time in less than a year that my Pari Ultra II compressor has slowed and then died on me. This can't be coincidence, can it? Have any of you had this same problem?

All the times, the same thing happened: about 2 weeks before it died completely, it would start up slow when I turned it on. Then it would gradually work up to full speed after 15-20 seconds and run fine.

When I called PARI today they said that in the last two compressors I'd returned, the compressor rod had flipped. Anyone know what this means? The PARI woman didn't seem to know what it would be caused by. She asked if I used it for long periods of time and I said the max is usually about an hour (HS, Pulmo, and TOBI months). She said that should be fine.

Anyway, this problem is covered under the warrenty, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain it the ass, eh? I just can't help thinking there must be a defect in how the compressors are made.

Thoughts?

catboogie

Thoughts?

catboogie

Thoughts?

catboogie

Thoughts?

65rosessamurai

Based on my basic knowledge of air compressors (Yes, I took hydraulics and pneumatics way back in college), that among the various types of compressors, some use rods to move valves back and forth for the compression and exhaust. To say the rod had flipped, I would guess that the rod pushing the diaphram had somehow gone in the opposite direction, not allowing air to compress anymore.
I do think there were several details omitted from the tech. Things like whether it is controlled by a microcontroller, causing a sluggish start before it died, or whether there was a fuse blown, or sensor that fed to the microcomputer, which caused it to no longer operate at all.

You'd think they'd make compressors and have the CF community give them a "durability" test before they went on the market.. LOL!

I just hope as they come in with warranty claims, their R&D section is working on the design problem/improvement.

65rosessamurai

Based on my basic knowledge of air compressors (Yes, I took hydraulics and pneumatics way back in college), that among the various types of compressors, some use rods to move valves back and forth for the compression and exhaust. To say the rod had flipped, I would guess that the rod pushing the diaphram had somehow gone in the opposite direction, not allowing air to compress anymore.
I do think there were several details omitted from the tech. Things like whether it is controlled by a microcontroller, causing a sluggish start before it died, or whether there was a fuse blown, or sensor that fed to the microcomputer, which caused it to no longer operate at all.

You'd think they'd make compressors and have the CF community give them a "durability" test before they went on the market.. LOL!

I just hope as they come in with warranty claims, their R&D section is working on the design problem/improvement.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

LouLou

You're not the only one. The ii is a piece of sheeot and they should recall it from the market. I would venture to guess that it doesn't even perform the medicinal test like the original did. I tried to get something else but they've cornered the market.

LouLou

You're not the only one. The ii is a piece of sheeot and they should recall it from the market. I would venture to guess that it doesn't even perform the medicinal test like the original did. I tried to get something else but they've cornered the market.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

dbtoo

The filter got all gunked up on my compressor (it's not a pari.) I ripped it out and now it works fine.

dbtoo

The filter got all gunked up on my compressor (it's not a pari.) I ripped it out and now it works fine.

dbtoo

dbtoo

dbtoo