Has any one tried alternative medicines - acupuncture, reflexology...

MamatoAlexa

My sister is in her last year of grad school for acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. For many months I went to the clinic at her school and received acupuncture treatments. I really feel the treatments were helpful. During that time my PFT's were the highest they have been in the 7 years attending my current CF clinic. I also got pregnant with my second daughter during that time frame. We decided since my lung function was looking so good and we knew we wanted to try for a second it was a good time to go for it.

MamatoAlexa

My sister is in her last year of grad school for acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. For many months I went to the clinic at her school and received acupuncture treatments. I really feel the treatments were helpful. During that time my PFT's were the highest they have been in the 7 years attending my current CF clinic. I also got pregnant with my second daughter during that time frame. We decided since my lung function was looking so good and we knew we wanted to try for a second it was a good time to go for it.

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>tinydancer0417</b></i>

where did you get the insoles??</end quote></div>

I assume you are directing that inquiry my way since I brought up the insoles. I got them off the internet, they're called kimi insoles. You only wear them 15 minutes in the morning and the night. They claim to increase height, but that's a total rip-off, but it does stimualate ideal digestion. I remember I was extremely skeptical when I first opened the package, with these 2 plastic insoles that looked like some kid in Pakistan glued them together for 23 cents. But even though I didn't gain a centimeter of height, my digestion is almost perfect to this day, and I owe it all to the insoles.

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>tinydancer0417</b></i>

I assume you are directing that inquiry my way since I brought up the insoles. I got them off the internet, they're called kimi insoles. You only wear them 15 minutes in the morning and the night. They claim to increase height, but that's a total rip-off, but it does stimualate ideal digestion. I remember I was extremely skeptical when I first opened the package, with these 2 plastic insoles that looked like some kid in Pakistan glued them together for 23 cents. But even though I didn't gain a centimeter of height, my digestion is almost perfect to this day, and I owe it all to the insoles.

Solo

Solo

where did you get the insoles??</end quote>

Solo

<br />
<br />where did you get the insoles??</end quote>
<br />
<br />I assume you are directing that inquiry my way since I brought up the insoles. I got them off the internet, they're called kimi insoles. You only wear them 15 minutes in the morning and the night. They claim to increase height, but that's a total rip-off, but it does stimualate ideal digestion. I remember I was extremely skeptical when I first opened the package, with these 2 plastic insoles that looked like some kid in Pakistan glued them together for 23 cents. But even though I didn't gain a centimeter of height, my digestion is almost perfect to this day, and I owe it all to the insoles.

kendra03

Hi, i'm kendra. i just joined this sight and have found it very helpful. In regards to alternative medicine, i really like chiropractic. it helps with my lungs and i really notice that my sinus are much more clear, also i really do not have stomach intestine problems like i did before going to a chiropactor. i also take a lot of supplements for loosening mucus and i changed my diet to gluten and diary free which really helps with the congestion. the only problem i ve encountered that i find hard to deal with outside of chiropractic, just part of CF , is managing hemoptotsis. in fact i was wondering if any one could possibly give me there thoughts on the subjuct, like what do you do when it happens (ER, rest for a few days, no big deal, etc,)How do you handle it mentally and what is the typical reponse -IV, meds etc Also could flying bring on an episode. i have flown twice since this happened and have been fine, but i am pregnant and going to mexico in 24 hours and am starting to worry, any one have some calming advice? .... i have never couphed up more than a 1/2 cup.
thanks so much for any imput ~kendra

kendra03

Hi, i'm kendra. i just joined this sight and have found it very helpful. In regards to alternative medicine, i really like chiropractic. it helps with my lungs and i really notice that my sinus are much more clear, also i really do not have stomach intestine problems like i did before going to a chiropactor. i also take a lot of supplements for loosening mucus and i changed my diet to gluten and diary free which really helps with the congestion. the only problem i ve encountered that i find hard to deal with outside of chiropractic, just part of CF , is managing hemoptotsis. in fact i was wondering if any one could possibly give me there thoughts on the subjuct, like what do you do when it happens (ER, rest for a few days, no big deal, etc,)How do you handle it mentally and what is the typical reponse -IV, meds etc Also could flying bring on an episode. i have flown twice since this happened and have been fine, but i am pregnant and going to mexico in 24 hours and am starting to worry, any one have some calming advice? .... i have never couphed up more than a 1/2 cup.

kendra03

kendra03

kendra03

<br />thanks so much for any imput ~kendra