Has any one tried alternative medicines - acupuncture, reflexology...

mysterygrl19

I tried accupuncture and herbal supplements and teas(given to me by the accupuncturist) when I was 17. I only went to therapy for about three months (it got to be pretty expensive) and I never really noticed any direct effect on any of my CF related symptoms. However, by the last few sessions, the relaxing effect was so nice I fell asleep!
--Heather19 w/cf; CFRD

mysterygrl19

I tried accupuncture and herbal supplements and teas(given to me by the accupuncturist) when I was 17. I only went to therapy for about three months (it got to be pretty expensive) and I never really noticed any direct effect on any of my CF related symptoms. However, by the last few sessions, the relaxing effect was so nice I fell asleep!
--Heather19 w/cf; CFRD

mysterygrl19

--Heather19 w/cf; CFRD

mysterygrl19

--Heather19 w/cf; CFRD

mysterygrl19

<br />--Heather19 w/cf; CFRD

Sweetness81

I have discovered that melatonin along with regular sleep meds have helped me fall asleep more deeply, and the sleep meds help me stay asleep. and for anyone who has the kidney problem with cf. I have found that taking cranberry capsules can help with urinary tract issues. I have to take more than normal dosage of course, but talk to the doctor for specifics.

Sweetness

Sweetness81

I have discovered that melatonin along with regular sleep meds have helped me fall asleep more deeply, and the sleep meds help me stay asleep. and for anyone who has the kidney problem with cf. I have found that taking cranberry capsules can help with urinary tract issues. I have to take more than normal dosage of course, but talk to the doctor for specifics.

Sweetness

Sweetness81

Sweetness

Sweetness81

Sweetness

Sweetness81

<br />
<br />Sweetness

MicheleGazelle

I've taken a lot of herbs and supplements and made lifestyle changes. It has helped me get off the prescription drugs I used to be on and generally feel better.

MicheleGazelle

I've taken a lot of herbs and supplements and made lifestyle changes. It has helped me get off the prescription drugs I used to be on and generally feel better.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

Meleah

I am 21 with CF. I am 5" 6' and weigh 115 lbs. Although my weight is OK at the moment I am on a horribly fatty diet and my nutritionist has me drinking skandishakes. This high fat diet makes me feel disgusting and my intestines are always a mess. I was a vegetarian for 4 or 5 years before this and felt great. I had to stop when I started getting kidney stones because my dr. told me to stay away from oxolates which means I must exclude nuts,beans, soy, and leafy greens from my diet. I tried to stay vegetarian but I lost too much wieght. I don't know what to do! How do those of you on the gluten free dairy free diets keep your weight up? Does anyone else have problems with oxolates? I would love to become vegetarian or even vegan again.

Meleah

I am 21 with CF. I am 5" 6' and weigh 115 lbs. Although my weight is OK at the moment I am on a horribly fatty diet and my nutritionist has me drinking skandishakes. This high fat diet makes me feel disgusting and my intestines are always a mess. I was a vegetarian for 4 or 5 years before this and felt great. I had to stop when I started getting kidney stones because my dr. told me to stay away from oxolates which means I must exclude nuts,beans, soy, and leafy greens from my diet. I tried to stay vegetarian but I lost too much wieght. I don't know what to do! How do those of you on the gluten free dairy free diets keep your weight up? Does anyone else have problems with oxolates? I would love to become vegetarian or even vegan again.

Meleah

Meleah

Meleah