Has anyone had sinus surgery due to polyps?

2roses

Hello! I'm new to forums and blogs ... I feel like a clumsy dinosaur! Anyway, I have two girls with CF, age 13 & 8, and my 13yo has sinus polyps requiring surgery, which is scheduled for mid-December. The polyps are causing demineralization of the bone around the sinus because they are so large. I can't find good info on CF and this surgery on the internet and was wondering what experiences anyone has had with the surgery and what the recovery and post-surgery health was like. Any advice, 411 would be GREATELY appreciated!

Sherri

2roses

Hello! I'm new to forums and blogs ... I feel like a clumsy dinosaur! Anyway, I have two girls with CF, age 13 & 8, and my 13yo has sinus polyps requiring surgery, which is scheduled for mid-December. The polyps are causing demineralization of the bone around the sinus because they are so large. I can't find good info on CF and this surgery on the internet and was wondering what experiences anyone has had with the surgery and what the recovery and post-surgery health was like. Any advice, 411 would be GREATELY appreciated!

Sherri

2roses

Sherri

mom2austin2002

My son who is 4 is getting ready to have his 2nd sinus surgery due to polyps.
It helped my son out alot the first time he was actually able to sleep alot better.
If you have any questions feel free to ask

mom2austin2002

It helped my son out alot the first time he was actually able to sleep alot better.

mom2austin2002

chipie12

My son was supposed to have surgery 2 years ago, but because my son's blood was too thin the day of the surgery, they cancelled it. They put my son on steroid drops in his nose, along with Flonase and sinus flushes. His polups are still under control for now, but we still see the doctor every 6 months.

chipie12

My son was supposed to have surgery 2 years ago, but because my son's blood was too thin the day of the surgery, they cancelled it. They put my son on steroid drops in his nose, along with Flonase and sinus flushes. His polups are still under control for now, but we still see the doctor every 6 months.

chipie12

Alessia2dance

I've had 3 polyp surgeries. My first when I was 8, 16, 22. The surgery is a pc of cake. The pain and discomfort for me was minimal. The worst part about the whole thing was after they took the packing out a week after surgery, they have to dig in there to get all the dried up stuff out. That's not even that bad. I wouldn't worry about it too much...Hope I could help

Alessia2dance

I've had 3 polyp surgeries. My first when I was 8, 16, 22. The surgery is a pc of cake. The pain and discomfort for me was minimal. The worst part about the whole thing was after they took the packing out a week after surgery, they have to dig in there to get all the dried up stuff out. That's not even that bad. I wouldn't worry about it too much...Hope I could help

Alessia2dance

cfmom3

2 of our 3 girls have had multiple sinus surgeries. the rpoblem is deciding when to finally have the surgery and then doing it. unfortunately, the poylps will come back.

cfmom3

2 of our 3 girls have had multiple sinus surgeries. the rpoblem is deciding when to finally have the surgery and then doing it. unfortunately, the poylps will come back.

cfmom3

cfmom3

sorry-didn't finish anwsering your question. the surgery is not usually a problem-neither is the recovery. pain is the worst problem that I can remember.

cfmom3

sorry-didn't finish anwsering your question. the surgery is not usually a problem-neither is the recovery. pain is the worst problem that I can remember.

cfmom3