Have Any DF508's Started the Third Phase of Trials Yet?

Blue

Our clinic (Boise) will be starting the third phase of DF508 trials which I hope, plan, pray to be a part of.

Just wondering if anyone else has started and if they have noticed any improvements. If so, TELL TELL!!

CysticKid

I just heard from the study coordinator at my clinic (which is a site for the 809 phase III) that they will not be starting the trial until late March. No mention of recruiting was made. I sure hope I can get in the study!

baseballfrank

I was told trial has been pushed back to May. This is from the Stanford clinic. Anybody heard anything else from any of the other clinics?

JennyCoulon

We had our visit to our CF center that is taking place in this trial and the dr. that we saw explained all of the trials, etc. and my son may actually qualify to be in this study. He said that they are recruiting or gets all of their ducks in a row to recruit. It sounds very exciting how he explained it.

JennyCoulon

Phase 3 of 809 and it is the Nebraska Medical Center and Children's Speciality Clinic in Omaha as well. I am not sure where they are in recruiting but he was going to let us know what the qualifications are for our son to be in the study. I belive he said the youngest now is 12 years old and our son is 13 years old. He drew us a picture of how the each phase works specifically with the DDF508. I sounds very exciting.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thanks Jenny! That is very exciting. I hadn't realized anyone was doing anything on Phase 3 yet. Anything you elaborate on would be so greatly appreciated!!

K

Kaethe108

Vertex Announces Initiation of Pivotal Phase 3 Program of VX-809 in Combination with Ivacaftor for the Treatment of People with Cystic Fibrosis Who Have Two Copies of the F508del Mutation

rillopy

My consent forms came in the mail for this yesterday. My screening is in early May, should be starting the Phase 3 trial within 4 weeks after that.