Having my c-section on Tuesday...

tinamarie4685

So, my little girl decided not to turn on her own & stay breech, despite the remedies I tried on my own also. I guess she is just too comfy in the position she is in (which is KILLING me by the way!!). Her head is literally just about in front of my ribs, she is up that high.. my rib pain is to the point that it is unbearable at times and i just sit here and cry... so, I am very happy that she is coming on Tuesday via c-section (I'll be 39weeks + 2days).

I am so nervous though.. my doc has me on IV meds again (Merrum) because my sputum is thick, dark green and I am coughing my brains out, still. My CF doctor wanted them to just do the c-section a couple weeks ago because he feels that I am not getting completely better because I am so pregnant (this is my 3rd time on IVs since February), but my ob/gyn wanted me to go on IV meds to try and clear up my cough because she said after a c-section, I am more prone to getting a bad pneumonia, as is anyone even without CF. So, I am doing the IVs and will continue them for most likely 2 weeks after the c-section.

I am beyond worried that after the c-section I will be in a lot of pain, mostly from still coughing. I know some of you have had c-sections, and what did you do to ease some of the pain afterwards?

I can't believe it's only 3 days away until I am a MOMMY!!!! It feels unreal!!!!

tinamarie4685

So, my little girl decided not to turn on her own & stay breech, despite the remedies I tried on my own also. I guess she is just too comfy in the position she is in (which is KILLING me by the way!!). Her head is literally just about in front of my ribs, she is up that high.. my rib pain is to the point that it is unbearable at times and i just sit here and cry... so, I am very happy that she is coming on Tuesday via c-section (I'll be 39weeks + 2days).

I am so nervous though.. my doc has me on IV meds again (Merrum) because my sputum is thick, dark green and I am coughing my brains out, still. My CF doctor wanted them to just do the c-section a couple weeks ago because he feels that I am not getting completely better because I am so pregnant (this is my 3rd time on IVs since February), but my ob/gyn wanted me to go on IV meds to try and clear up my cough because she said after a c-section, I am more prone to getting a bad pneumonia, as is anyone even without CF. So, I am doing the IVs and will continue them for most likely 2 weeks after the c-section.

I am beyond worried that after the c-section I will be in a lot of pain, mostly from still coughing. I know some of you have had c-sections, and what did you do to ease some of the pain afterwards?

I can't believe it's only 3 days away until I am a MOMMY!!!! It feels unreal!!!!

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

<br />
<br />I am so nervous though.. my doc has me on IV meds again (Merrum) because my sputum is thick, dark green and I am coughing my brains out, still. My CF doctor wanted them to just do the c-section a couple weeks ago because he feels that I am not getting completely better because I am so pregnant (this is my 3rd time on IVs since February), but my ob/gyn wanted me to go on IV meds to try and clear up my cough because she said after a c-section, I am more prone to getting a bad pneumonia, as is anyone even without CF. So, I am doing the IVs and will continue them for most likely 2 weeks after the c-section.
<br />
<br />I am beyond worried that after the c-section I will be in a lot of pain, mostly from still coughing. I know some of you have had c-sections, and what did you do to ease some of the pain afterwards?
<br />
<br />I can't believe it's only 3 days away until I am a MOMMY!!!! It feels unreal!!!!

Marjolein

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday Tina
It's getting so close!
Do you have someone who can maybe update all of us here?
Only 5 more days to go!
Big hug

Marjolein

It's getting so close!
Only 5 more days to go!
Big hug

Marjolein

It's getting so close!
Only 5 more days to go!
Big hug

Marjolein

It's getting so close!
Only 5 more days to go!
Big hug

Marjolein

<br />It's getting so close!
<br />Do you have someone who can maybe update all of us here?
<br />Only 5 more days to go!
<br />Big hug

S

semperfiohana

yeah!!! congrats!!! i know you are ready to have her! i hear you on the rib pain, my little man is head down and he shoves his feet into my right ribs allllll the time. the only relief i have found is if i lay down and i'm so tired of laying down! this is my first baby, but i have heard that instead of coughing there is a huff you can do and also i'm sure the hospital will teach you this too (they my mom to do it after her gall bladder surgery) is take a pillow when you cough and hold it to your stomach. good luck and let us know!

S

semperfiohana

yeah!!! congrats!!! i know you are ready to have her! i hear you on the rib pain, my little man is head down and he shoves his feet into my right ribs allllll the time. the only relief i have found is if i lay down and i'm so tired of laying down! this is my first baby, but i have heard that instead of coughing there is a huff you can do and also i'm sure the hospital will teach you this too (they my mom to do it after her gall bladder surgery) is take a pillow when you cough and hold it to your stomach. good luck and let us know!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

hbollotte

GOOD LUCK, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE HELP AFTER DELIVERY SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON GETTING YOURSELF HEALTHY. AFTER I HAD MORGAN I WAS ALL ABOUT MORGAN (EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE) AND NOT TAKING CARE OF MYSELF. I ENDED UP WEARING MYSELF DOWN.

hbollotte

GOOD LUCK, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE HELP AFTER DELIVERY SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON GETTING YOURSELF HEALTHY. AFTER I HAD MORGAN I WAS ALL ABOUT MORGAN (EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE) AND NOT TAKING CARE OF MYSELF. I ENDED UP WEARING MYSELF DOWN.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte