HC 3200 (Obamacare)

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Landy</b></i>

Jackie,

I appreciate your views on points mentioned. Now, I do see where they most likely are concerned about real-time insurance information (i.e. co-pays, deduct, etc) on page 58. I wish another word other than "financial" could have been used. I guess anytime I see the word financial, I'm thinking money, bank accts, etc.

As for illegals...here is what was quoted in the Newsweek article:

<i><b>SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED

ALIENS.</b>

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments

for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are

not lawfully present in the United States.</i>

Notice that it says "Nothing...shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits..." this does not say "shall not provide coverage" it just says that they won't get affordability credits, maybe we are to read between the lines that this means coverage as well?

As I was quickly skimming thru the bill, I wondered about the "lawfully present" term too. What exactly does this term mean?? If you are studying abroad, are you lawfully present in the US? Maybe I'm reading too much into this! lol

I think we can all agree that the wording in the bill could be more in layman terms. No wonder the members of Congress don't read this stuff! lol

Good discussion...</end quote></div>

This is a good question..I'm a U.S. Citizen not an Alien, yet I'm not a bonefide resident of the U.S., so it would have me asking myself if I'm not eligible for such insurance despite being a U.S. Citizen, but not a "legal resident".

I guess I could be relieved that if I'm bleeding profusely and my life is on the line, they'll let me into the hospital til I was stablized...(then what?)

65rosessamurai

Jackie,

I appreciate your views on points mentioned. Now, I do see where they most likely are concerned about real-time insurance information (i.e. co-pays, deduct, etc) on page 58. I wish another word other than "financial" could have been used. I guess anytime I see the word financial, I'm thinking money, bank accts, etc.

ALIENS.</b>

Notice that it says "Nothing...shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits..." this does not say "shall not provide coverage" it just says that they won't get affordability credits, maybe we are to read between the lines that this means coverage as well?

As I was quickly skimming thru the bill, I wondered about the "lawfully present" term too. What exactly does this term mean?? If you are studying abroad, are you lawfully present in the US? Maybe I'm reading too much into this! lol

I think we can all agree that the wording in the bill could be more in layman terms. No wonder the members of Congress don't read this stuff! lol

This is a good question..I'm a U.S. Citizen not an Alien, yet I'm not a bonefide resident of the U.S., so it would have me asking myself if I'm not eligible for such insurance despite being a U.S. Citizen, but not a "legal resident".

I guess I could be relieved that if I'm bleeding profusely and my life is on the line, they'll let me into the hospital til I was stablized...(then what?)

65rosessamurai

Jackie,

ALIENS.</b>

65rosessamurai

Jackie,

ALIENS.</b>

Good discussion...</end quote>

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />Jackie,
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I appreciate your views on points mentioned. Now, I do see where they most likely are concerned about real-time insurance information (i.e. co-pays, deduct, etc) on page 58. I wish another word other than "financial" could have been used. I guess anytime I see the word financial, I'm thinking money, bank accts, etc.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />As for illegals...here is what was quoted in the Newsweek article:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><i><b>SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED
<br />
<br /> ALIENS.</b>
<br />
<br />Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
<br />
<br />for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
<br />
<br />not lawfully present in the United States.</i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Notice that it says "Nothing...shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits..." this does not say "shall not provide coverage" it just says that they won't get affordability credits, maybe we are to read between the lines that this means coverage as well?
<br />
<br />As I was quickly skimming thru the bill, I wondered about the "lawfully present" term too. What exactly does this term mean?? If you are studying abroad, are you lawfully present in the US? Maybe I'm reading too much into this! lol
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I think we can all agree that the wording in the bill could be more in layman terms. No wonder the members of Congress don't read this stuff! lol
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Good discussion...</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is a good question..I'm a U.S. Citizen not an Alien, yet I'm not a bonefide resident of the U.S., so it would have me asking myself if I'm not eligible for such insurance despite being a U.S. Citizen, but not a "legal resident".
<br />
<br />I guess I could be relieved that if I'm bleeding profusely and my life is on the line, they'll let me into the hospital til I was stablized...(then what?)