Heh dudes in New Jersey don't believe dudes in Florida

Faust

So my hypertonic saline (3 firm shell bags, not like soft IV bags, no tubing) show up from the compounding pharmacy I get them from in New Jersey. I open the package (not damaged at all) which is a sturdy outer hard shell package, with a large, thick Styrofoam cooler inside (not damaged either). I open it up and one of the bags within another medical baggie is completely empty with the liquid contents swirling around in the baggie. Two of the remaining bags have fluid in them, but one is noticeably lower than the other.

I had never had this happen before with this company, and they have always been very nice, and extremely fast with shipping. I call the lady and tell her what's up. She had a hint of disbelief in her voice, but said they would get another shipment out to me.

Then after about 15 mins the main doctor/pharmacist there calls me and he is totally incredulous. He asks me about 7 times exactly what state the package was in, describe the bags, and go through my explanation several times. This dude was total New Jersey guy, and it seemed like I was trying to tell Tony Soprano that I just saw flying pink elephants. Especially so because he packed it himself.

Anyways, I love Jersey guys, and more often than not that whole stereotype is true. I was very articulate while explaining the situation and the state of the containers to the guy, but with the visual of Tony Soprano on the other end of the phone (minus the cursing of course) basically not believing me, I almost chuckled once or twice.

Thankfully I have a new batch coming out, and hopefully they arrive in good shape. If not, I'm positive he won't believe me.

Faust

So my hypertonic saline (3 firm shell bags, not like soft IV bags, no tubing) show up from the compounding pharmacy I get them from in New Jersey. I open the package (not damaged at all) which is a sturdy outer hard shell package, with a large, thick Styrofoam cooler inside (not damaged either). I open it up and one of the bags within another medical baggie is completely empty with the liquid contents swirling around in the baggie. Two of the remaining bags have fluid in them, but one is noticeably lower than the other.

I had never had this happen before with this company, and they have always been very nice, and extremely fast with shipping. I call the lady and tell her what's up. She had a hint of disbelief in her voice, but said they would get another shipment out to me.

Then after about 15 mins the main doctor/pharmacist there calls me and he is totally incredulous. He asks me about 7 times exactly what state the package was in, describe the bags, and go through my explanation several times. This dude was total New Jersey guy, and it seemed like I was trying to tell Tony Soprano that I just saw flying pink elephants. Especially so because he packed it himself.

Anyways, I love Jersey guys, and more often than not that whole stereotype is true. I was very articulate while explaining the situation and the state of the containers to the guy, but with the visual of Tony Soprano on the other end of the phone (minus the cursing of course) basically not believing me, I almost chuckled once or twice.

Thankfully I have a new batch coming out, and hopefully they arrive in good shape. If not, I'm positive he won't believe me.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />I had never had this happen before with this company, and they have always been very nice, and extremely fast with shipping. I call the lady and tell her what's up. She had a hint of disbelief in her voice, but said they would get another shipment out to me.
<br />
<br />Then after about 15 mins the main doctor/pharmacist there calls me and he is totally incredulous. He asks me about 7 times exactly what state the package was in, describe the bags, and go through my explanation several times. This dude was total New Jersey guy, and it seemed like I was trying to tell Tony Soprano that I just saw flying pink elephants. Especially so because he packed it himself.
<br />
<br />
<br />Anyways, I love Jersey guys, and more often than not that whole stereotype is true. I was very articulate while explaining the situation and the state of the containers to the guy, but with the visual of Tony Soprano on the other end of the phone (minus the cursing of course) basically not believing me, I almost chuckled once or twice.
<br />
<br />
<br />Thankfully I have a new batch coming out, and hopefully they arrive in good shape. If not, I'm positive he won't believe me.

C

cfsucks

you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?

C

cfsucks

you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

Faust

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cfsucks</b></i>

you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?</end quote></div>

I live in a bedroom community east of Tampa. The CF care at the Tampa Clinic is run by Mark Rolfe. He is a good guy, and a great physician, even though you might have to but heads with him from time to time. The housing market down here in the surrounding outter areas is great because the houses are quality, and very cheap at the moment due to the housing crisis.

As for the humidity. I think it has really helped me make it to 36, even though during the summer it can be rough, but i'm used to that now. When I was diagnosed there were two schools of thought. Dry air vs wet air. We went with the wet air, and we are glad we did. It helps me stay productive cough wise. I have been in very dry areas, and my goo just wouldn't move. Much more effort to be productive in a dry area in my opinion.

Faust

you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?</end quote></div>

I live in a bedroom community east of Tampa. The CF care at the Tampa Clinic is run by Mark Rolfe. He is a good guy, and a great physician, even though you might have to but heads with him from time to time. The housing market down here in the surrounding outter areas is great because the houses are quality, and very cheap at the moment due to the housing crisis.

As for the humidity. I think it has really helped me make it to 36, even though during the summer it can be rough, but i'm used to that now. When I was diagnosed there were two schools of thought. Dry air vs wet air. We went with the wet air, and we are glad we did. It helps me stay productive cough wise. I have been in very dry areas, and my goo just wouldn't move. Much more effort to be productive in a dry area in my opinion.

Faust

Faust

you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?</end quote>

Faust

<br />
<br />you live in florida? where in florida might i ask. how's the cf care there? i'm debating moving down there eventually? does the humidity affect your cf?</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I live in a bedroom community east of Tampa. The CF care at the Tampa Clinic is run by Mark Rolfe. He is a good guy, and a great physician, even though you might have to but heads with him from time to time. The housing market down here in the surrounding outter areas is great because the houses are quality, and very cheap at the moment due to the housing crisis.
<br />
<br />
<br />As for the humidity. I think it has really helped me make it to 36, even though during the summer it can be rough, but i'm used to that now. When I was diagnosed there were two schools of thought. Dry air vs wet air. We went with the wet air, and we are glad we did. It helps me stay productive cough wise. I have been in very dry areas, and my goo just wouldn't move. Much more effort to be productive in a dry area in my opinion.
<br />

C

cfsucks

yeah i notice when i'm down there (parents have a condo) my cough is productive as well, whereas up here (canada) it's more work to get stuff out. i also think that being close to the ocean is like being on constant saline lol.

C

cfsucks

yeah i notice when i'm down there (parents have a condo) my cough is productive as well, whereas up here (canada) it's more work to get stuff out. i also think that being close to the ocean is like being on constant saline lol.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks