Help please:best gaming system for treatments

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
DS finally got us fa rest cold and we are having a hard time getting the extra vests done because he feels so bad while doing so going to try to get a gaming system for tv that will help psh through. Doesn't have to be latest and greatest but ideally one two or more can play together and that will support angry birds and also exercise games. And any recommendations on later.
sending Dh after work so if anyone has thoughts time before...much appreciated.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has had both a Wii and Xbox systems. Xbox is handsfree -- originally had an xbox 360 with a Kinect, now has an xbox one. Wii had more options in terms of being able to exercise, but he lost interest and got into more in depth games -- minecraft, skyrim, fallout 4. When he was younger he played a lot of the Legos games -- Lego Starwars, Batman, Lord of the Rings...

Our rule is he can do whatever he wants to entertain himself during vesting to encourage compliance --- so unlike some of my friends who have their kids do homework -- he plays games on the computer or xbox, watches youtube videos, plays games on his ipad, sometimes he watches cartoons.....

kenna2

Wii is good. It has dancing games and other stuff to help keep kids active. At my last hospital (Akron Children's Hospital) I attended when I got sick, they used the dancing games and others as part of our physical therapy. I also have a Playstation 3 which I play all my Lego games on. They are a lot of fun of all ages. I'm 31 and this is my first gaming system so my skills aren't great but these games are so much fun, multiplayer, and there are so many to choose from. You can play them for a really long time because they require multiple times to play through because certain characters unlock and are able to do certain things. I bring mine to the hospital with me to keep me occupied. It works wonders.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thanks all! We decided on the new Nintendo system which b/c the wii stuff seemed more appropriate. Bestbuy was out and then the guy checked "omg we just got some," goes to back and then manager said can't sell them b/c they are doing some big promo to announce "we just got more". Augh.

ethan508

I really like having a Desktop computer to sit at while doing treatments. Buy a PC game controller and a few games for PC (love the Lego Marvel or Lego Star Wars for kids, Minecraft is excellent for burning time). Also sometimes gaming get old so then a kid can jump to other pursuits like mixing music, editing videos and photos or teaching themselves how to code. For $500 you can get a PC that will play all but the most demanding games.

triples15

Super Moderator
Glad you picked something, but ugh that they wouldn't sell it to you! What the heck? I'm trying to understand that logic, but oh well.

Anyway, wanted to mention while it's not a gaming system, Maya enjoys playing Cookie Jam and Panda Pop on the iPad. If memory serves they were both free. As you know, not a lot keeps her attention, but these she will actually play for at least a few mins at a time. ;)

Anyway, I am thinking of you!

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Yeah, DS is sick of the iPad ...we have those...this is to have family time by playing together as oppose to just watching. DS cold turned into an infection in his right lobe and having hell of time with meds, getting fluids down, and now getting backed up! Prayers appreciated!

Gammaw

Super Moderator
Prayers coming your way, AboveAll. Prayers he gets over this fast. Keep plugging away at it, one thing at a time. He'll get through it. You got this.