Help Please - Cost Comparison

eagle693

Thanks to both of y'all (yes I'm from the South) for the replies. I need to learn the protocol for this forum - specifically, I need to let everyone know that I'm not the patient - I'm a family friend (advocate? PIA to the medicaid community?) and working to help a young man get his transplant. Is there some sort of "code" that I should put by my name so you front line soldiers will know I'm in the support ranks?
Do y'all use names here, or pseudonyms? (is there a spell check on this software????)

On the more serious side. My wife and I were brought into our friend's life through our daughter. She is a very good friend to this 24 year old man, and he has basically been pretty much on his own for the last few years. Our family felt that God brought us together so that we could take on the support role and do a lot of the administrative work to get a transplant accomplished. I kinda went into our trials and tribulations in my first post to this forum titled "new member - trouble with Mississippi Medicaid" so I won't rehash all that.

Bottom line is that we will work an alternative strategy for post transplant medications. However, if the Mississippi Medicaid folks think I will just roll over and go away - they are sadly mistaken. I will fight to change their policies simply so other transplant patients will not face the same mindless rules and lack of leadership. I fought much bigger fish in my 5 years in the Pentagon, these folks don't intimidate me in the least! (OK, now I feel better again).

I have a lot to learn about CF and transplants, so I intend to lurk on this forum a lot. I look forward to learning from y'all.

eagle693

Thanks to both of y'all (yes I'm from the South) for the replies. I need to learn the protocol for this forum - specifically, I need to let everyone know that I'm not the patient - I'm a family friend (advocate? PIA to the medicaid community?) and working to help a young man get his transplant. Is there some sort of "code" that I should put by my name so you front line soldiers will know I'm in the support ranks?
Do y'all use names here, or pseudonyms? (is there a spell check on this software????)

On the more serious side. My wife and I were brought into our friend's life through our daughter. She is a very good friend to this 24 year old man, and he has basically been pretty much on his own for the last few years. Our family felt that God brought us together so that we could take on the support role and do a lot of the administrative work to get a transplant accomplished. I kinda went into our trials and tribulations in my first post to this forum titled "new member - trouble with Mississippi Medicaid" so I won't rehash all that.

Bottom line is that we will work an alternative strategy for post transplant medications. However, if the Mississippi Medicaid folks think I will just roll over and go away - they are sadly mistaken. I will fight to change their policies simply so other transplant patients will not face the same mindless rules and lack of leadership. I fought much bigger fish in my 5 years in the Pentagon, these folks don't intimidate me in the least! (OK, now I feel better again).

I have a lot to learn about CF and transplants, so I intend to lurk on this forum a lot. I look forward to learning from y'all.

eagle693

eagle693

eagle693

<br />Do y'all use names here, or pseudonyms? (is there a spell check on this software????)
<br />
<br />On the more serious side. My wife and I were brought into our friend's life through our daughter. She is a very good friend to this 24 year old man, and he has basically been pretty much on his own for the last few years. Our family felt that God brought us together so that we could take on the support role and do a lot of the administrative work to get a transplant accomplished. I kinda went into our trials and tribulations in my first post to this forum titled "new member - trouble with Mississippi Medicaid" so I won't rehash all that.
<br />
<br />Bottom line is that we will work an alternative strategy for post transplant medications. However, if the Mississippi Medicaid folks think I will just roll over and go away - they are sadly mistaken. I will fight to change their policies simply so other transplant patients will not face the same mindless rules and lack of leadership. I fought much bigger fish in my 5 years in the Pentagon, these folks don't intimidate me in the least! (OK, now I feel better again).
<br />
<br />I have a lot to learn about CF and transplants, so I intend to lurk on this forum a lot. I look forward to learning from y'all.

Transplantmommy

Hey there Eagle. You can add a signature that will automatically come up when you post something. In there you could put that you don't have CF and that you are an advocate for someone with CF. That would help everyone!! And no, you don't have to use your name if you don't want to.

You are such a great help to that person. Sometimes we CFers need a lot of help because we don't have the strength to keep fighting the system tooth and nail. I was fortunate to have my Aunt do all of that for me and she was great at it!

Transplantmommy

Hey there Eagle. You can add a signature that will automatically come up when you post something. In there you could put that you don't have CF and that you are an advocate for someone with CF. That would help everyone!! And no, you don't have to use your name if you don't want to.

You are such a great help to that person. Sometimes we CFers need a lot of help because we don't have the strength to keep fighting the system tooth and nail. I was fortunate to have my Aunt do all of that for me and she was great at it!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />You are such a great help to that person. Sometimes we CFers need a lot of help because we don't have the strength to keep fighting the system tooth and nail. I was fortunate to have my Aunt do all of that for me and she was great at it!