Hemoptysis from exercise

So I had a lung exacerbation in February and am feeling a lot better, so I decided to try walking on the treadmill. I only walked for 6 minutes, but then a little later started coughing up blood. Usually I only get hemoptysis if I use pain relievers that are blood thinners or during an exacerbation. Could the exercise have caused the hemoptysis? Should I wait a few days before resuming walking?

kenna2

Yes to both of your questions. It can happen from time to time. Make sure you take it easy and ease back into it. Just be aware of how much blood and if it's more than a tablespoon to call your doctor.

erock77

Yes. Used to happen to me regularly, I couldn't run across the street to catch a bus without coughing up blood. Take it easy for a bit (days), then ease back into it. For me I think it relates to how hard my heart is pumping blood, the pressure seems to push through the delicate scar tissue that would bleed.
That said, it can get better. You may just be susceptible right now. I know it's randomness is very frustrating.