Hi Risa

eli

Hi Risa, how are you going. I haven't seen you posting for a while, hope things are ok with you.
I also have a question a wanted to ask you regarding GSH. I rememer you once mentioned that when you take GSH, your best off taking another supplement that helps with it.
For some reason i can recall you saying Selenium/magnesiam, but i'm not sure if it had to do with the GSH.
Can you please let me know, what it was?
I am thinking of starting my daughter on it, as i have been speaking to Valerie Hudson who uses it on her two boy's and swears by it.
Thanks for any helpful information.

Take Care
Eli

Diane

gsh stands for glutathione. You are supposed to take Vit.c ( 500 mg.) with each dose. it helps with the uptake of gsh ( glutathione) Risa isnt taking gsh anymore, when she see's this post about gsh she will explain it to you.

eli

Hi Diane, thanks for your response.
I still haven't heard from Risa, do you know if she is ok as she hasn't posted on this site for a while.

I would also realy like to know why she stopped using the GSH. Has it caused her any problems that i need to be aware of?

Any information would be good.

Thanks Eli

anonymous

Hi,
if I remember a thread from Risa right, she took the GSH after her first transplant and that wasn´t ok with her new lungs and her immune system. So she said, one should better not take it after a transplant.

Uli,43,Germany

Diane

Hi Eli,
I got an email from Risa yesterday so i know she is ok. Ill email her and tell her to come on board and read the post to her here. Risa stopped using the gsh because it interfered with her immune system like Uli said. Risa had to have a second transplant after using the gsh, but im not sure if it was due to the use of gsh ....she will have to fill you in on that. I just know that gsh is not recommended for people who are looking into getting a transplant or have had one. I'll email her now and let her know you have some questions for her about gsh.....................

eli

Thanks Uli.

Diane, thankyou for the update and for letting Risa know i have a question for her.
I'm glad she is fine, i was beggining to get a little concerned as she posts often on this site. I will be waiting to hear from her.

Thank's again guy's.
Eli

EnergyGal

Hi Eli

I was away from this site for a few days but I can always be reached by email. I cannot say for sure if Glutathione was the cause for my new lungs from my first transplant to have had the problems but it sure points to that direction. At the time when I investigated Glutathione for use there was nothing that said a transplant patient should not take it. I guess because of me they do not advise others who are seeking a transplant or who have had transplants to take it.

I personally feel they tell pwcf to take so much more than they really need. I have spoken to doctors and nutritionist and they feel that when giving such a high dose you can become toxic and that is what I feel happened to me. I was doing fine for two months and then suddenly, I started having a slip in my pft's. The major problem that I had personally was that I monitored my pft's at the hospital after one month and they were fine. I had the attitude that nothing could happen to me and failed to keep monitoring my pft's and that was my main problem. It is possible that I could have saved my old lungs but I did not catch it in time. Once I finally stopped taking Glutathione, I was left with half a lung function and then it kept on dropping from there so that is why I needed another transplant.

Many transplant patients get chronic rejection but it seemed so coinccental that I did so well for so long and then suddenly a decline.

My mistake was I took GSH into my sinuses (as I had many bacterias) and I also took five hundred mg orally. It was too much for me.

I think the main problem was taking it into my sinuses that caused the problem. My xray showed and the doctors told me the most damage was done to my upper airways.

The moral of the story is if something is not broken do not fix it and something in larger quantities is not always better. Too much of anything can turn bad.

My problem only took a few months to happen but I feel that GSH to the lungs is very irritating in general. If the CFF is not endorsing it then beware.

I think the hypertonic saline in moderation sounds like a better treatment plan.

I would only say to take GSH orally only until other studies are done. Once you lose your lungs a transplant is not an easy alternative.

Hopefully this answers some more questions for everyone

eli

Thanks Risa for your reply. I'm sorry i forgot i posted this, as it got so far behind. I was curious to know what supplement you mentioned using together with the GSH.I thought it was somthing like Selenium/magnesium.
Can you please let me know.

Thanks again
Eli

EnergyGal

When I was taking GSH, I took vit c and a multivitamin. I took magnesium and calcium with other minerals in a mulit mineral formula.

YEARS ago, I took 250mcg of selenium with other minerals. I stopped taking this dose before my transplant. Vit E, VIt C and Selenium all work great together.