hiccups and throat

momofcfprincess

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have experienced hiccups or a feeling of something stuck in the throat? My 14 year old daughter keeps getting hiccups and she said it feels like there is something stuck in her throat. We first thought it was indigestion but wont go away. Thanks for your help!

CFjeff73

Could indeed be heartburn or acid reflux, if the truth is what you seek(in my opinion of course) & I will tell you EXACTLY WHY. A lot of the standard American diet or SAD diet and what they tell CF'ers is a sin in my opinion. First off Dairy is a HUGE no no for CF'ers as it is a major mucus producer... there really is no place for dairy and it is a fallacy that it is a source of calcium. Also improper food combining is why CF'ers and other patients throughout the hospitals are given Protonix(Pantoprazole Sodium Tablets) as an antacid.

Elementary Chemistry says NEVER MIX AN ACID WITH A BASE cause the two cancel one another out. What I'm saying is if you put in your stomach at the same time both a starch and a protein the digestive juices(alkaline(base) & acidic(acid) will cancel one another out rather then digesting and breaking down the food, thus causing the petrification of meats/foods and the fermenting of fruits/veggies. Instead of food being in your stomach for a 3hour maximum foods will sit up to 8hours before moving into the small intestine. Foods can and will rot in the stomach.

Okay so what does this mean in plain English... Look at the food pyramid in this western culture, it's totally upside down... we mix Meat & Potatoes, Meats & breads in general, Chicken & Rice, Fish & Pasta, Eggs & Toast, Milk & Cereal ect. ect. ect. the Proteins with Starches combined never seems to end and that is exactly why there is an entire antacid isle at the drug store... PEOPLE ARE VIOLATING THE MOST ELEMENTARY SCIENCE KNOWN TO ALL MAMMALS... The drug companies are loving it and having a total field day at our expense!

Okay so what to do ... STOP mixing both starches and proteins at the same time during meals. Plan your fruits in the mornings up until noon cause they have enough vitamins and nutrients and also won't mess with the elimination process the body must go through. Then at noon plan on having veggies with your proteins or meat items and at Dinner more veggies with your starches this time or vice versa, whichever works best -proteins at lunch or Dinner but never with starches at the same meal. Also if you want some powerful nutrients Juicing works wonders, right to the bloodstream!

Also drink a glass of water 20minutes before you eat to prevent the digestive juices for being washed down because of large drinks during meals... if you need to drink during a meal just sip on the liquids. For Gods Sakes also give up the dairy as it will give you a feeling that something is stuck in the back of your throat. I read in a book called "Breaking The Food Seduction" by Neal Barnard that cheese is a natural opiate because the cows secrete a hormone to calm the calves when they are feeding and that stuff becomes our opiate as well and everything is covered with cheese. Also Donna Gates whom wrote the book "The body Ecology" talks about how because of the hormones, pasteurization and homogenization process the molecules are inverted and the casein and whey balance in what should be normal proteins is now inverted... if it was goats milk or apes milk or raw cows milk the casein protein would be at 80% and the whey at only 20% but through the unnatural process the whey is now at an 80% level and the casein at a 20% level and this is precisely & scientifically what causes a mucus buildup and a clogging when consuming dairy. Incidentally my mom put me on Raw Goats milk when I was a baby, lucky me, as the mucus build up would have been just too much for me to handle with CF!!!

Hope this helps the hiccuping... because what is a hiccup?!... an upset stomach!!! Also it could be a dairy related mucus buildup in the back of the throat, I know that is what happens to me when I eat a lot of dairy and especially if there is a buildup from not digesting properly.

Love and Light momofCFprincess!! ;)

PS. how do I know all this, I've studied the Hippocrates Diet, Fit for life 2 is a great book by Harvey Diamond and I also went to see Lou Corona "The Enzyme King" and a 40year raw cultured food guru whom also has a chart about food combining and how important it is.

G

I have always gotten hickups, never figures out why. When I start to have a coughing fit, I get the hickups. I also have reflux issues.