Highest FEV1 ever?

Twistofchaos

105% give or take, can't quite remember as it's been atleast 20 years ago but the % of predicted number is only very roughly being corrected to height, weight, male or female, age etc. And is going to be pretty inaccurate if you want to hold it up against the magic 100%.

So absolutes in fev1's and comparisons are not very useful. It's much more the relative fev1's that tell us something about the state of our lungs.

Also, down in the low 30%'s I'm stronger and in better shape than ever so even that is relative.

JustaCFmom

My 24 year old son has reached 126% pred. He is VERY athletic & loves running and being active. We also never smoked. I am sure that helps. My daughter got up to 118% when she was doing all of her treatments. My 11 year old is hovering around 114% pred. They have atypical CF, so they aren't struggling with all the digestive issues and their heights and weights are OK.

My daughter had 75% pred when she was diagnosed and weighed 40kg. Her diagnosis was a godsend and she blossomed afterwards.

W

welshwitch

120% for years in my teens and 20's. I'm down to 95% which isn't too shabby. Goal to get back to 100%. With marathon training, I think I can do it :)