Himalayan Crystal Salt

EnergyGal

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mercola.com/forms/salt.htm
">http://www.mercola.com/forms/salt.htm
</a>

I like Dr. Mercola and suscribe to his newsletter. He has some very good advice.
He mentions CF in this article. Read the whole long page.

Thinking of all of you

EnergyGal

THis is at the bottom of the article

"Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.

Help in clearing mucus plugs and phlegm from your lungs - particularly useful in asthma and cystic fibrosis. "

He sells this product which is pricey.

miesl

I'm sorry. That entire page was filled with scientific inaccuracies. I would not trust a single thing on it.

"the Purest Salt on Earth" and yet it contains "contains no toxins and all 84 minerals and elements" In other words - a ton of impurities.

If something is pure - it doesn't contain 84 different unidentified compounds. Salt is NaCl. There's no changing chemisty.

"it contains eons of stored sunlight" - I don't think I can articulate how stupid this statement is.

"osteoporosis can occur when your body needs more salt and takes it from your bones" ) again - bogus information.

This entire webpage should have a disclaimer - I'm using big chemical sounding words... but I have no idea what I'm talking about. This website is so full of snake-oil sounding spin it makes me sick.

No offense to the original poster, but as someone trained in chemistry and other sciences... this sounds of quackery to me.

EnergyGal

I can see your point. I have never tried this product so I cannot comment. This man has a very good reputation on the internet and has a booming practice in chicago. Perhaps everyone that he takes care of is using snake oil too.

I have no opinion but he does make some valid points in many of his articles. Sorry if you are upset. Just putting info out for others to decide

anonymous

hi risa. I like dr mercola too, and have purchased the himilayan crystal table salt. My daughter is 18 with cf. I was thinking about buying the crystal bath salts for her to try the bath as recommended by him. But it's expensive. Have you tried this? Also, have you started the salt water inhalation therapy? She might get the presrip for that on monday. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="mailto:beth_any_1960@yahoo.com"></a>

EnergyGal

hi Anon

I bought the salt and I think it is good but frankly I do not take that much. I also like using Braggs aminos when I need salt. I alternate between the two.

For cf, I would try the bath salt. I cannot see how that can hurt.

I would NOT use salt for inhalation because I have transplanted lungs now. If I do get a chest cold the mucus comes out easy and is usually very thin.