Himalayan Salt Inhaler

AmberFerguson

Hey fellow CFers,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Himalayan Salt Inhaler? Dr. Oz had it marked as one of the best new products. I was curious to know if anyone with CF has used it and if so, how did you like it/did it help you? This inhaler seems like it would be beneficial, of course, I will continuing my current medications. The Himalayan Salt Inhaler would not replace other medications that the doctors prescribe. Below is a link for the inhaler

http://www.himalayansaltinhaler.com/

Thank you for your help and feedback!

petnurse

I have used that. We actually built a salt room in my house for my son. We definitely believe in salt therapy!

Georgiagirl

I have used the inhaler for almost a year. I find it not only thins my secretions & makes vest therapy more effective, but is also a great alternative when hypertonic is not feasible.

imported_Momto2

I purchased one and didnt notice any difference for the time I used it.
I was also concerned that there didnt seem to be a great way to keep it clean.
If anyone has any suggestions on that front, love to hear them.

Diana4Natasha

Hey, I would also like to use one for my daughter but am concerned about the cleaning. My daughter cannot used the hypertonic saline 7%, it irritates her lungs.
What is a " salt room"?

Diana, mother of Natasha DD F508

LateTraveller7

Hey, I would also like to use one for my daughter but am concerned about the cleaning. My daughter cannot used the hypertonic saline 7%, it irritates her lungs.
What is a " salt room"?

Diana, mother of Natasha DD F508
just saw this old post.. responding anyway.. yeah 7% HTS (hypertonic saline) irritates my lungs.. sometimes gives me haemoptysis.. so what I been doing last few years is I dilute it with normal saline. Usually I put about half HTS and half saline into the nebulizer..
regarding Himalayan salt.. i have inhaled Himalayan salt steam from an inhaler like the first post here.. and find that does help also. I also take Himalayan salt tablets now instead.

kenna2

They have a 5% and 3% hypertonic saline...I use the 5% because the 7% is too strong for me. See if maybe she can try the others..it helps!