hoarseness with cayston

R

Red9928

Does anyone get hoarse with cayston. I get really hoarse with Tobi, wondering if people have had better luck with cayston.

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Red,

I experienced ridiculous hoarseness with Tobi, to the point where I could only speak in a faint whisper for days/ a week.

I've never experienced any hoarseness with Cayston. Love the stuff!

Take care and good luck,

Autumn 32 w/CF

G

Gracie4

I, too, do not experience an issue with Tobi.

I have posted a couple of relating to the timing of Cayston, but I've not received any responses. They were, do you time your Cayston doses and do you ever see a drift in the nebulizer time? Thank you.

R

Red9928

Autumn, sounds like me...I was so hoarse the last few days, I thought I was going to have to call out from work, luckily it's starting to get better. I'm thinking about asking about cayston at my clinic visit next week, I haven't heard much negative about it. Thanks for the input.
Red, 44, dx with CF at age 40

triples15

Super Moderator
I used to have to write notes to my teachers/professor's telling them that I could not speak so please do not call on me in class. Ugh. Trying to talk took so much effort (and nothing was really coming out) it became exhausting so eventually I'd have to give up and full-on whisper. So I can definitely relate when you say you almost had to miss work. It's hard to accomplish anything when you can't speak!

I stopped Tobi due to other bad reactions I was having (bronchospasm). I definitely don't miss losing my voice! I have had very good luck with Cayston. I really hope you have the same experience!

Take Care,

Autumn

nocode

Gracie4 - I think it's better for you to write a separate post with your question. I think more people will read it.

bharison

I have had hoarseness with both Tobi and Cayston. I was advised by a pharmacist to gargle with Liquid Benadryl after each use. I find that this works for me. I use it at least for the first 10 days or so of either Tobi or Cayston and no hoarseness. I use either a generic or Benadryl brand. Sometimes I dilute it with a little water. I heard this works for Opera Singers also.

So an easy inexpensive option. Give it a try.

triples15

Super Moderator
Very interesting bharison, thank for sharing! I don't do Tobi at all anymore or I'd try that. I definitely sounds worth a try!

Autumn 32 w/cf

R

Red9928

Thanks for the tip! I will try the Benadryl gargle my next cycle and report back!!