Holistic medicine

Sofiaeden

I was so excited to read that this category has been added to the forums. This is wonderful news. My daughter was just diagnosed at three months with CF through the newborn screening test and genetic testing confirmed her diagnosis. She is currently 41/2 months. She is not showing any symptoms at this time just slow weight gain (not failure to thrive). However, all of her tests including sweat test, blood and stool sample have come back negative/normal. So the only thing for us to do right now is preventative medicine. I am a huge fan of holistic medicine. It has worked really well for me- mainly acupuncture and homeopathy. Also, my daughter was born at home with no drugs. I eat a lot of organic food and practice yoga and meditation daily. My daughter and I go to mommy and me yoga classes which she loves. Naturally I am very open to alternative medicine for my daughter. I just got back from a visit with a homeopathic doctor today (Lauren Feder) she's written books about childhood vaccinations and natural parenting (Natural Baby and Childcare is the name of the book). She was amazing. She spent three hours with me and my daughter taking her case history and she prescribed her a remedy for slow weight gain as well as herbs and homeopathic medicine to help her build a strong immune system. Dr Feder also provides vaccines without preservatives such as aluminum and mercury. I feel very empowered that I can do something (naturaland noninvasive) for my daughter before she starts showing symptoms. I myself have always wanted to go into alternative healing but I've been following a different career path. Recently, due to my daughters diagnosis and being laid off I am researching schools that offer holistic medicine programs in homeopathy, acupuncture and ayurvedic medicine. If i can do something i am passionate about that can also help my daughter that would be very fulfilling.

Sofiaeden

I was so excited to read that this category has been added to the forums. This is wonderful news. My daughter was just diagnosed at three months with CF through the newborn screening test and genetic testing confirmed her diagnosis. She is currently 41/2 months. She is not showing any symptoms at this time just slow weight gain (not failure to thrive). However, all of her tests including sweat test, blood and stool sample have come back negative/normal. So the only thing for us to do right now is preventative medicine. I am a huge fan of holistic medicine. It has worked really well for me- mainly acupuncture and homeopathy. Also, my daughter was born at home with no drugs. I eat a lot of organic food and practice yoga and meditation daily. My daughter and I go to mommy and me yoga classes which she loves. Naturally I am very open to alternative medicine for my daughter. I just got back from a visit with a homeopathic doctor today (Lauren Feder) she's written books about childhood vaccinations and natural parenting (Natural Baby and Childcare is the name of the book). She was amazing. She spent three hours with me and my daughter taking her case history and she prescribed her a remedy for slow weight gain as well as herbs and homeopathic medicine to help her build a strong immune system. Dr Feder also provides vaccines without preservatives such as aluminum and mercury. I feel very empowered that I can do something (naturaland noninvasive) for my daughter before she starts showing symptoms. I myself have always wanted to go into alternative healing but I've been following a different career path. Recently, due to my daughters diagnosis and being laid off I am researching schools that offer holistic medicine programs in homeopathy, acupuncture and ayurvedic medicine. If i can do something i am passionate about that can also help my daughter that would be very fulfilling.

Sofiaeden

Sofiaeden

Sofiaeden