hollistic meds for 13 month old

palinsyaya

what hollistic meds can a 13 month old take. want to start him on fish oil, what is the recomended doses?
<br /> thanks

websterhome

Have you spoken with your CF clinic's dietician about it? May be a great idea, but I'd run it by them. It is standard to check lab values annually, they may have a good recommendation on when to initiate any supplements and when to follow up with labs. Just a thought!

websterhome

Have you spoken with your CF clinic's dietician about it? May be a great idea, but I'd run it by them. It is standard to check lab values annually, they may have a good recommendation on when to initiate any supplements and when to follow up with labs. Just a thought!

websterhome

ymikhale

I started my 2 y/o dd on coconut oil when when she was one. She really did great on that, went up to 75th percentile for weight from 25th. I also give her a probiotic daily and add sea salt instead of refined salt.

I did not use fish oil, I used flaxseed oil instead but then I read that it was not advised for kids under 3 so I stopped for now and switched her to tumeric (curcumin) powder that is also supposed to fight inflammation.

I did run the coconut oil by dietetician, but just to make sure it is not harmful. At my hospital they are sceptical about these things, so would not expect any advice there, but your clinic might be different.

ymikhale

I started my 2 y/o dd on coconut oil when when she was one. She really did great on that, went up to 75th percentile for weight from 25th. I also give her a probiotic daily and add sea salt instead of refined salt.

I did not use fish oil, I used flaxseed oil instead but then I read that it was not advised for kids under 3 so I stopped for now and switched her to tumeric (curcumin) powder that is also supposed to fight inflammation.

I did run the coconut oil by dietetician, but just to make sure it is not harmful. At my hospital they are sceptical about these things, so would not expect any advice there, but your clinic might be different.

ymikhale

<br />
<br />I did not use fish oil, I used flaxseed oil instead but then I read that it was not advised for kids under 3 so I stopped for now and switched her to tumeric (curcumin) powder that is also supposed to fight inflammation.
<br />
<br />I did run the coconut oil by dietetician, but just to make sure it is not harmful. At my hospital they are sceptical about these things, so would not expect any advice there, but your clinic might be different.

palinsyaya

no our clinic is the same they think it is hogwash, but after reading your blogs, your children do so much better when natural route is taken, we also added probotics daily without our clinic advise all they do is antobotics over and over.
thanks

palinsyaya

no our clinic is the same they think it is hogwash, but after reading your blogs, your children do so much better when natural route is taken, we also added probotics daily without our clinic advise all they do is antobotics over and over.
thanks

palinsyaya

<br /> thanks

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>grammakaky</b></i>

I was wondering where you buy coconut oil. We were wondering who carries it. Thanks</end quote></div>

I live in Europe and buy it online from european stores, so it would probably be not much help to you. Try googling odorless organic coconut oil, I know there are stores online in the US that sell that.

I go for odorless b/c otherwise I doubt my dd would eat it, otherwise the unrefined one is surely better.

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>grammakaky</b></i>

I was wondering where you buy coconut oil. We were wondering who carries it. Thanks</end quote>

I live in Europe and buy it online from european stores, so it would probably be not much help to you. Try googling odorless organic coconut oil, I know there are stores online in the US that sell that.

I go for odorless b/c otherwise I doubt my dd would eat it, otherwise the unrefined one is surely better.

ymikhale

<br />
<br />I was wondering where you buy coconut oil. We were wondering who carries it. Thanks</end quote>
<br />
<br />I live in Europe and buy it online from european stores, so it would probably be not much help to you. Try googling odorless organic coconut oil, I know there are stores online in the US that sell that.
<br />
<br />I go for odorless b/c otherwise I doubt my dd would eat it, otherwise the unrefined one is surely better.

meteoras69

I have a fourteen-month-old son and I am also looking for some holistic supplements. I recently started using coconut oil (bought organic, unrefined coconut oil at Whole Foods). My clinic said this was fine to use, (not harmful), but seemed to not think it would help much. I've noticed it's really helped in weight gain. For others who use this, how much do you use? What type of probiotics do you use?

meteoras69

I have a fourteen-month-old son and I am also looking for some holistic supplements. I recently started using coconut oil (bought organic, unrefined coconut oil at Whole Foods). My clinic said this was fine to use, (not harmful), but seemed to not think it would help much. I've noticed it's really helped in weight gain. For others who use this, how much do you use? What type of probiotics do you use?