homage to my beloved son died after 28 years of fight

jshet

Such a beautiful tribute to your son. It's obvious how amazing of a person he was. I am so sorry for your loss. God bless his sweet soul.

Imogene

Administrator
Thank you for sharing Vincent's life with us! This is a beautiful tribute. It looks like there was time for joy and fun in his life. May you be surrounded with beautiful memories and evidence of things unseen.
Salt and Light and Blessings,
Imogene

Liza

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. For me, there is no greater grief than to lose a child, no matter their age, they are still your child. My heart is heavy for you.

Gammaw

Super Moderator
Please know, jpt, that your son is remembered. There is no consolation for the loss of a child, but time will replace some of the pain with all the wonderful memories. We mourn with you. I'm so sorry.
Blessings.

jpt

thank you !

Thank you for sharing Vincent's life with us! This is a beautiful tribute. It looks like there was time for joy and fun in his life. May you be surrounded with beautiful memories and evidence of things unseen.
Salt and Light and Blessings,
Imogene

Thank you for your so gentle encoragement email.
Life is so unfair for children who draw a wrong number !
How a so named God did create such a genetic lottery ?
With which goal ?
From what causes ?
Is it a game for him ?

JPh T

Again JPT I am so very sorry. I hear the pain in your words. I, too, have questioned God and blamed Him but at the same time I, myself, believe He has a plan for all those who suffer and lose on this lottery of life. I believe He loves your son and is taking good care of him for you in heaven. I can understand your pain and I don't mean to pretend I know any of the answers as I don't. I don't know why people who are so loved and valuable and important in this life die. I am so sorry.

W

windex125

Sorry for the loss of yr son, remember all the good times, the laughter. and happiness he brought to yr life Pat-60/CF

triples15

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome JPT,

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. I struggle with many of the same questions you have, and find myself being somewhat jealous of those with stronger convictions. I hope over time the pain will lessen and you will find some peace. Your son would want that for you, I guarantee it. ;)

Take care of yourself, lean on those around you.

Autumn 34 w/CF

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Thank you for sharing your homage to your son. A handsome young man with a vibrant and obvious expression of a thirst for experience and joy for life shines throughout your homage. It is a tribute to the family that fostered a loving, complete and cohesive environment to thrive within.

If you don't mind answering this but I am interested in knowing if Vincent participated in or made any requests for how this Homage was made?

Vincent's life experiences couldn't have been designed any better for facing the reality of his too short a life as it was shown in photos of the extreme sports, facing down death in pursuit of living large. It is no easy task to overcome the very real fear of great heights in technical rock climbing where falling to your death is a genuine possibility. His choices for the joy of experience and learning reverberate with the tangible and intangible assets and qualities that gave him courage to live and why he was so dear to his family. He learned the piano and undoubtedly used music to calm him and provide an outlet to express his deepest feelings.

The homage to Vincent affected me deeply. The choices of music and photographs from every age and stage of his life reminds us that he was much more than a 28 year old man. We forget that this full life was mostly accomplished with the blood, sweat and tears of a loving family.

I have found comfort in those times when I grieve in the writings of John Dunne. Vincent's passing diminishes us all. "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee... No man is an island, unto itself aloof from the world..."

I can grasp some sense of the depth of your grief. I'm a second generation CFer and though my father lived an additional twenty years more than Vincent, my sister was 13, me 20 and my mother was 36 when he died. It was a wild mix of emotions. We were grateful his struggle was over angry with the world for letting him slip away but the unbearable pain was listening to my mother reeling with grief as she cried herself to sleep every night for almost a year. No child should precede their parents.

Vincent is at peace, it's time to find your own peace.

Please accept my deepest sympathy for Vincent and his loving, grieving family,

LL

Little lab - what a loving and detailed post. You always give of yourself so much in each post you reply to. I wish I could be like you. Thank you for such compassion.

randford

Thanks for sharing Vincent's life. Our condolences to you and family. CF is such a terrible thing and no child should suffer and succumb. Keep Vincent's life online, whether YouTube, website or Facebook. Let his life and spirit live on for us as he does in your heart.

K

kgfrompa

I am so sorry for your Loss brings tears to my eyes,I am heart broken for you

laurenticwave

I lost a son Anno aged 20 (killed in someone else's car crash) and have a daughter Emily aged 6 with CF so I understand a little of your pain. I can only say that science rather than the Bible came to my rescue, although Ecclesiastes expresses evolution succinctly enough: "Time and chance govern all." As I understand it, CF "works" for carriers such as myself and my wife in that we are immune to cholera, and probably most other gut-related diseases. During the great cholera epidemics of the past, large swathes of non-carriers would have been wiped out whereas carriers would have survived - and passed on their genes. I do believe in some sort of universal collective consciousness - a vast brain in which we are all participating neurons - but I don't believe "it" plays games other than "blind chance and circumstance" (as Shakespeare put it) ... none of which eases the pain of losing a beloved child, but perhaps it lessens the maddening need to find a reason. "God" be with you in your grief.

so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to watch our children suffer and the idea of living without them breaks my heart too. Praying for peace, love and beauty to surround you and your family.