Honoring My Wife

jms44

My name is John Michael. I have been a member here for a while but mostly read on here. I have posted once regarding PFTs when my wife and I found out that we were to be blessed with our second child. The pregnancy was mostly good with minimal issues. My wife entered the hospital for a tune-up due to PFTs not increasing enough with at-home meds. We had a new issue come up that we hadn't dealth with and she spent the next week in ICU. Our baby boy was born during a procedure by emergency C-section due to complications during the procedure. My beautiful wife spent the next week fighting on as incredibly best she could, as she always has. During our time in ICU and due to said complications, she was called home to live eternal life. I have decided that I want to continue to be involved in the CF community and do all I can to honor her name. I love her dearly and I hope that one day when our children are older, they will want to participate and learn more about how we were impacted by CF. I am currently following a young lady by the name of Christina Davidson on facebook and I want to contribute to her walk on the CF Foundation website. I am wanting to do some type of fundraiser in our community to contribute to the cause. I am looking for ideas on what might be a good one to do and am asking for suggestions as I have never done anything like this. I would love to have the feedback of members and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Dear John, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. May the love of your children...her lasting legacy...give you some comfort. I'm sorry I don't have any specific advise but please know of thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and your childrens mother. I appreciate you are doing what you can to fight this disease and honor your wife. My God comfort and bless you and your children.

Jet

John,

I am sorry for the loss of your wife. One suggestion would be to form a Great Strides team of your own. There are a number of walks in Texas in the spring of 2015. Although I have CF, I formed my own team to honor my brother who lost his life to CF. My teenage daughters have participated since they were small. I used the annual event to educate them about CF as the grew older. The walk has also been a great way to get family and friends together to honor his memory each year.

jms44

I'm so sorry to hear that I wish none of us would have to go through these things I know it must be extremely difficult to have lost a sibling. I have seen that on the CF Foundation website and I am wondering what is involved in the walk. How are funds raised?