Hope

shannon38

I have a wonderful daughter who has MRSA, Pseudomonous, staphlycoccus, a flu and tested positive for the Mac less than a year ago. She is away from home at the University of Alabama as a freshman. The last 2 years we have spent a lot of time in the hospital she went from 120% function to 90% in 3 months. She has been on the mac drugs for 6 months and they are going to have to take her off of them because her liver panels are being elevated. She has had cayston, pulmozyme, tobi all the puffers and enhailers and nothing is working anymore. What can we expect with growth rate for these infections? She is sick again, was in the hospital in March and on IV's at home for 6 weeks. She is sick again and has been for months will have to go back into the hospital and we are trying to schedule around Thanksgiving break. How fast do these bacterias grow when all of the meds stop working? Does anyone have an idea what we should expect and prepare for?

Kimmiegirl

I do not know the answer to your question, I am sorry. But I have heard of these "salt caves or salt rooms" popping up everywhere where people with lung issues can go and sit to breath the salt air. From what I have read it is working wonders. Here is a news article on the one in Orlando. I'm thinking of fining one closer to take my daughter to. http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2012/9/10/salt_the_cure_for_th.html.
Good luck to you all. I pray God blesses you & your family.