Hospital and Christmas

JustDucky

I sometimes get into those "why me" jags and then realize, why not? It could just as easily be someone else with CF, but it happens to be me. I too was a late diagnosis but have been in the clinker so many times that I have lost count for IV's and other complications. It is very difficult to have a disease like this and have little for a support system, sometimes we need those shoulders to cry on. I am so sorry that you feel alone. Hospitals have a way of bringing out the frustrations and sadness of isolation. Often, the docs and nurses do become your second family, I know I consider mine that way. Whenever I am admitted, I feel like Norm on Cheers, where everyone right down to dietary knows your name LOL and that comforts me. I know I will be cared for and am in the best hands.
Do you have close friends that you can talk to on the phone? That helps pass the time along with listening to music, watching movies, reading etc....
Hang in there, I hope that you are out soon and back to your own home. There really is no place like it.
Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

I sometimes get into those "why me" jags and then realize, why not? It could just as easily be someone else with CF, but it happens to be me. I too was a late diagnosis but have been in the clinker so many times that I have lost count for IV's and other complications. It is very difficult to have a disease like this and have little for a support system, sometimes we need those shoulders to cry on. I am so sorry that you feel alone. Hospitals have a way of bringing out the frustrations and sadness of isolation. Often, the docs and nurses do become your second family, I know I consider mine that way. Whenever I am admitted, I feel like Norm on Cheers, where everyone right down to dietary knows your name LOL and that comforts me. I know I will be cared for and am in the best hands.
Do you have close friends that you can talk to on the phone? That helps pass the time along with listening to music, watching movies, reading etc....
Hang in there, I hope that you are out soon and back to your own home. There really is no place like it.
Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

<br />Do you have close friends that you can talk to on the phone? That helps pass the time along with listening to music, watching movies, reading etc....
<br />Hang in there, I hope that you are out soon and back to your own home. There really is no place like it.
<br />Hugs, Jenn

nu65

Hi Shannon, this is really strange but I was your neighbor from this stay. I'm sorry you were having a hard time, I shouldve made a better effort to get to know you before. Hope you can stay out of the hospital for a long time!

nu65

Hi Shannon, this is really strange but I was your neighbor from this stay. I'm sorry you were having a hard time, I shouldve made a better effort to get to know you before. Hope you can stay out of the hospital for a long time!

nu65

nu65

nu65

megan420

Shannon, I can relate to you....Im in the hospital now and my 21st birthday is on Monday and theres has been other holidays and birthdays I've spent in the hospital! It bites ass! I was in here on New Years Eve, so that I wouldn't miss my birthday, but Im not progressing as much as they want so I might miss my birthday! I have been waiting for this birthday, for what seems like forever! I question my CF too, why me? It's so hard to believe that God is up there watching, I always wonder why would he sit there and do nothing when I, and so many others, are in pain and suffering! I grew up to believe he's up there but now that Im older and have had a TON of complications with myCF, its hard to believe that! I'm in a hospital that is 100 miles, and other times i go 600 miles, from home so I will be and have always been alone on the holidays in the hospital! But theres nothing we can do, except keep our heads as high as possible, move on, and hope for a cure! I hope you do not have to stay in the hospital on any more holidays! Stay healthy!

megan420

Shannon, I can relate to you....Im in the hospital now and my 21st birthday is on Monday and theres has been other holidays and birthdays I've spent in the hospital! It bites ass! I was in here on New Years Eve, so that I wouldn't miss my birthday, but Im not progressing as much as they want so I might miss my birthday! I have been waiting for this birthday, for what seems like forever! I question my CF too, why me? It's so hard to believe that God is up there watching, I always wonder why would he sit there and do nothing when I, and so many others, are in pain and suffering! I grew up to believe he's up there but now that Im older and have had a TON of complications with myCF, its hard to believe that! I'm in a hospital that is 100 miles, and other times i go 600 miles, from home so I will be and have always been alone on the holidays in the hospital! But theres nothing we can do, except keep our heads as high as possible, move on, and hope for a cure! I hope you do not have to stay in the hospital on any more holidays! Stay healthy!

megan420

Cojean62

I can honestly say that I can relate to you. I always wonder why God made me with this and to be honest I haven't quite figured out the answer yet. But let me say that I kind of don't want to find out. One day I will find out why I must live with this disease but hey, at least I have some other CF people to talk to. But I think what is the hardest thing is staying in the hospitals during a holiday. I have stayed during Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and even Halloween. I have also stayed on my birthday. One thing I have not gotten over is the diagnosis stage. I was diagnosed when I was two months old on Christmas morning. But don't let the holiday thing get you down. This is how God is showing you that he trusts you to be strong and faithful.

Cojean62

I can honestly say that I can relate to you. I always wonder why God made me with this and to be honest I haven't quite figured out the answer yet. But let me say that I kind of don't want to find out. One day I will find out why I must live with this disease but hey, at least I have some other CF people to talk to. But I think what is the hardest thing is staying in the hospitals during a holiday. I have stayed during Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and even Halloween. I have also stayed on my birthday. One thing I have not gotten over is the diagnosis stage. I was diagnosed when I was two months old on Christmas morning. But don't let the holiday thing get you down. This is how God is showing you that he trusts you to be strong and faithful.

Cojean62

myohmymary

I tell my 7 yr old, God made you this way because he knew you were strong enough, it's up to you to be who he already knows you are... In the Bible he tells us, I knew you before you were formed. He knew how strong you are, he knew what you had to face, the pain, the lonliness, the CF... He chose you because he knew you could. Prove him right.

Mary, Mom of Allissa DDF508 7yrs old (diagnosed @ 5 days)

myohmymary

I tell my 7 yr old, God made you this way because he knew you were strong enough, it's up to you to be who he already knows you are... In the Bible he tells us, I knew you before you were formed. He knew how strong you are, he knew what you had to face, the pain, the lonliness, the CF... He chose you because he knew you could. Prove him right.

Mary, Mom of Allissa DDF508 7yrs old (diagnosed @ 5 days)