How BlockChain can help Patients

Imogene

Administrator
Are you wondering....

How Can Blockchain Help Patients?

Read what our new partner: Robert Chu has to say and STAY TUNED as our Health Opinion Leaders work with Embeema.com to create a Blockchain App for all where patients data is safe and patients get paid!

Coming Soon within the next few months.

Look for updates here.
Salt and Light,
Imogene;)

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
A recent advertisement conjugating IBM and BlockChain means that BlockChain is going to be mainstream. With the wide variety of markets BlockChain is many things to many people. So, what is in our lives that ties CF to it?

The most exciting thing I have encountered on this site is the monetization of our digital lives!
Something else that is going to become mainstream is consumer genetic testing. Most of the CFers have genetic testing, and though precise, it is specific to CF. Under HIPAA, our medical records are legally protected. Consumer genetics infers results from very thin information but it's good enough to sell to pharmaceutical companies and the DNA can be more thouroughly tested when the cost drops. Depersonalization of genetic and genomic profiles is no small matter. In genetics, a hair follicle can identify a good depersonalized profile. My point is two fold, our Digital Life or Genomic Diary and the volume of medical records added to the fact that we have a rare genetic disease, our data is exceptionally valuable, and the best way of managing the business of encrypted transactions, the transfer or sale of our genomic data is through BlockChain.

BlockChain is a kind of cyber bank where business transactions are secure which might be a secure transfer of data for funds. The data can be a set of architectural drawings, software, and genomic profiles. What is so important is the fact that your genomic information outstrips any other kind of information about you.

I have a niece born in 1978. I told my sister that her daughter needs to understand that her life was going to be documented in a way that a thourough dossier could be assembled on short notice. Privacy is no longer guaranteed, but robust genetic/genomic profiles can be encrypted.

LL

Imogene

Administrator
Hi LittleLab!
Thanks for posting this. We have been working hard behind the scenes. We are working on finding the right app to connect to Blockchain for our community.
There are apps out there for diseases like Diabetes and Alzheimers but none comprehensive enough for our community!
A kind man from Europe, who works in the Blockchain space, reached out to us last week. He wants to work with us and his young son has CF.
We are hoping to work closely with a pharma company for our initial pilot!
Salt and Light,
Imogene