How long do you guys wait??

JennifersHope

Just wondering, I have been off IVS for one month if that, actually not even a month, and I am already starting to get reoccurance symptoms.... I really think my body has it in for me, I am more phlehmy already...It isn't bad at all, but I am noticing, walking across campus.. the shortness of breath is starting to creep back, coughing gunk up, which I never do. Blah Blah Blah Blah throw up.....

I have 11 weeks of school left, Spring Break Mid March...... Do you guys go on orals right away, or do you wait until you have more then just increased sputum???

Thanks

Jennifer....

JennifersHope

Just wondering, I have been off IVS for one month if that, actually not even a month, and I am already starting to get reoccurance symptoms.... I really think my body has it in for me, I am more phlehmy already...It isn't bad at all, but I am noticing, walking across campus.. the shortness of breath is starting to creep back, coughing gunk up, which I never do. Blah Blah Blah Blah throw up.....

I have 11 weeks of school left, Spring Break Mid March...... Do you guys go on orals right away, or do you wait until you have more then just increased sputum???

Thanks

Jennifer....

Mockingbird

I thought it was normal to get gunky lungs after antibiotics. It always happens to me, anyway. It lasts for a week or two, then I get back down to normal. I think it is because I cough too much mucus out during the treatment, the my lungs go into overtime trying to replace it and give me too much. No science to support that, I just kinda assumed...

Mockingbird

I thought it was normal to get gunky lungs after antibiotics. It always happens to me, anyway. It lasts for a week or two, then I get back down to normal. I think it is because I cough too much mucus out during the treatment, the my lungs go into overtime trying to replace it and give me too much. No science to support that, I just kinda assumed...

JennifersHope

Oh it is not normal for me at all. I only get more gunk when I am getting sick.. My lungs are usually the best right after antibioitcs... and usually stay that way for a few months......

Nice to see you post again though.. It has been a while,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Oh it is not normal for me at all. I only get more gunk when I am getting sick.. My lungs are usually the best right after antibioitcs... and usually stay that way for a few months......

Nice to see you post again though.. It has been a while,

Jennifer

littledebbie

Bummer, Jennifer. This usually tells me I'm pushing too hard. I know you've been working so hard and the timing is just so stinkin BAD. I say steroid it up and run for the finish line!!!! Then drop and drug. Of course my Dr.'s usually don't like me very much when i do that. i get yammered at, brow beat and all sorts of other fun lecturing torture devices. Sometimes health takes a back seat ***gasp of shock*** Don't get ridiculous and risk your life obviously but you might have to push past fun here, I guess it depends on how long you have to make it and how bad you feel..it's a sliding scale of misery.

Gheez, that was uplifting. Good Luck!...Can you make it to Spring Break?

littledebbie

Bummer, Jennifer. This usually tells me I'm pushing too hard. I know you've been working so hard and the timing is just so stinkin BAD. I say steroid it up and run for the finish line!!!! Then drop and drug. Of course my Dr.'s usually don't like me very much when i do that. i get yammered at, brow beat and all sorts of other fun lecturing torture devices. Sometimes health takes a back seat ***gasp of shock*** Don't get ridiculous and risk your life obviously but you might have to push past fun here, I guess it depends on how long you have to make it and how bad you feel..it's a sliding scale of misery.

Gheez, that was uplifting. Good Luck!...Can you make it to Spring Break?

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr>How long do you guys wait??<hr></blockquote>

Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr>How long do you guys wait??<hr></blockquote>

Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>SeanDavis</b></i><br>Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>SeanDavis</b></i><br>It would freak me out to know someone elses organ is inside me.<hr></blockquote>

My old cellmate was just like this. Why can't you people make up your minds? I give up.

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>SeanDavis</b></i><br>Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>SeanDavis</b></i><br>It would freak me out to know someone elses organ is inside me.<hr></blockquote>

My old cellmate was just like this. Why can't you people make up your minds? I give up.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br><blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>SeanDavis</b></i>
Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>Quote
It would freak me out to know someone elses organ is inside me.<hr></blockquote>

My old cellmate was just like this. Why can't you people make up your minds? I give up.<hr></blockquote>

ROFL!

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br><blockquote>Quote
Well if he is charming, polite, and plays his cards right, THE FIRST DATE!!<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>Quote
It would freak me out to know someone elses organ is inside me.<hr></blockquote>

My old cellmate was just like this. Why can't you people make up your minds? I give up.<hr></blockquote>

ROFL!

RainbowBubblez

Enough of the quote crap!!!! just kidding! Ummm after Im done the antibiotic IV thing. I usually wait a week than Im taking them orally or whatever antibiotics I was on before... Im on antibiotics all the time. So when I get sick I stop those and do IV and after that I wait a week and do the same crap I was doing before..... Oh and Im still flemmy but not as much at all. My sputum volumes goes from 90ml(when Im really sick) to 25ml a day.

RainbowBubblez

Enough of the quote crap!!!! just kidding! Ummm after Im done the antibiotic IV thing. I usually wait a week than Im taking them orally or whatever antibiotics I was on before... Im on antibiotics all the time. So when I get sick I stop those and do IV and after that I wait a week and do the same crap I was doing before..... Oh and Im still flemmy but not as much at all. My sputum volumes goes from 90ml(when Im really sick) to 25ml a day.

JennifersHope

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>littledebbie</b></i><br>Bummer, Jennifer. I say steroid it up and run for the finish line!!!! Then drop and drug.

That is so funny it made me crack up.. I am for sure going to the finish line.. and I am probably sure I will finish it steroided (is that a word) up as well as drugged on something or another. Thanks for the laugh, I swear laughing is the best thing in the world for me and also the best known way to clear my lungs...

.. I have learned something over the past week with my step sister being dx with cancer.... even though it is totally treatable.... It made me learn how it feels to be on the side of sickness........ to be the loved one watching..instead of the love one sick.... and I really feel an overwhelming sense to take make wise choices in my life....

I know for me, my step sister is a grown women, still a kid to me (26) and because of my love for her, and we are not even real close, I was freaking out saying she HAS to go here to this hospital because it is the best, and if she won't go there I am going to knock her out and bring her myself.., she has to do this..because she has to do have this done because this what is best for her....

.Gee talk about being a hypocrit.... I want to do all my own stuff and that is that, but as soon as a loved one of mine is sick..I totally tried to take over, well I actually did take over.....which my step sister and family are thankful for..but I am just saying.. I kind of feel like a hypocrit now...

I can say one thing for sure, FOR ME, It is much easier to be the person with the health issues then it is to be the one to watch someone with it.. and I don't want to forget that... next time I want what I want...

I think it is important for me, well for us, to understand what the ppl in our lives go through, yet at the same time find the balance between not being a ppl pleaser or letting our dreams die.... Wish their was a pill to take for that answer.....

Jennifer

JennifersHope

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>littledebbie</b></i><br>Bummer, Jennifer. I say steroid it up and run for the finish line!!!! Then drop and drug.

That is so funny it made me crack up.. I am for sure going to the finish line.. and I am probably sure I will finish it steroided (is that a word) up as well as drugged on something or another. Thanks for the laugh, I swear laughing is the best thing in the world for me and also the best known way to clear my lungs...

.. I have learned something over the past week with my step sister being dx with cancer.... even though it is totally treatable.... It made me learn how it feels to be on the side of sickness........ to be the loved one watching..instead of the love one sick.... and I really feel an overwhelming sense to take make wise choices in my life....

I know for me, my step sister is a grown women, still a kid to me (26) and because of my love for her, and we are not even real close, I was freaking out saying she HAS to go here to this hospital because it is the best, and if she won't go there I am going to knock her out and bring her myself.., she has to do this..because she has to do have this done because this what is best for her....

.Gee talk about being a hypocrit.... I want to do all my own stuff and that is that, but as soon as a loved one of mine is sick..I totally tried to take over, well I actually did take over.....which my step sister and family are thankful for..but I am just saying.. I kind of feel like a hypocrit now...

I can say one thing for sure, FOR ME, It is much easier to be the person with the health issues then it is to be the one to watch someone with it.. and I don't want to forget that... next time I want what I want...

I think it is important for me, well for us, to understand what the ppl in our lives go through, yet at the same time find the balance between not being a ppl pleaser or letting our dreams die.... Wish their was a pill to take for that answer.....

Jennifer

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>RainbowBubblez</b></i><br>Enough of the quote crap!!!! just kidding! Ummm after Im done the antibiotic IV thing. I usually wait a week than Im taking them orally or whatever antibiotics I was on before... Im on antibiotics all the time. So when I get sick I stop those and do IV and after that I wait a week and do the same crap I was doing before..... Oh and Im still flemmy but not as much at all. My sputum volumes goes from 90ml(when Im really sick) to 25ml a day.<hr></blockquote>

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>RainbowBubblez</b></i><br>Enough of the quote crap!!!! just kidding! Ummm after Im done the antibiotic IV thing. I usually wait a week than Im taking them orally or whatever antibiotics I was on before... Im on antibiotics all the time. So when I get sick I stop those and do IV and after that I wait a week and do the same crap I was doing before..... Oh and Im still flemmy but not as much at all. My sputum volumes goes from 90ml(when Im really sick) to 25ml a day.<hr></blockquote>