How long to normal

Alorance9571

After culturing pseudomonas for the first time, I was put on a few oral antibiotics for a month, then my o2 sat went to 89 so they put me in the hospital on 2 more weeks of iv doxy, tobi and one other. Been on probiotics the whole time.

I’ve heard it’s normal to lose your appetite and have some nausea and fatigue after this. It’s been 2 weeks. I’m getting better so so slowly I just didn’t expect to feel this still.

Thoughts plz!!

stylecomfy

I always get impatient with how long it seems to take to recover from a bout of illness AFTER the antibiotics finish as I expect to be back at feeling my normal soon after the treatment, but between the side effects of the meds and the actual illness haven taken a toll on your body, it can take long. Sometimes you need to adjust to a 'new normal' for a while and be celebrate the small weekly improvements. Typical for me is anything from 3 weeks - 3 months after finishing treatment, depending on the severity of what I went in for. I've been lucky in that I HAVE always gotten better eventually, so hang in there. And if you start getting worse, of course be in touch with your team.

Alorance9571

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s exactly what I needed to hear as I was losing hope. I also got c diff from the hospital and they wouldn’t extend my short term so I’ve been trying to work with c diff on Flagyl, and my docs just don’t seem to care. I’m on day 16 of Flagyl with 5 more to go....