how many of you exercise/work out?

Scarlett81

Hubby just got me a treadmill and I have a company gym membership that i never use....I know, I know. The treadmill is nice bc with baby I can just go in the basement during her naps and powerwalk for 20 mins. My gym has a daycare in it-I guess I could use it if I had to, but I'd rather use grandma. (only bc shes still so little and high demand)
Now that I'm 5 months post baby and I'm feeling up to really working out again, I was wondering which way to go.
I need to get my pfts up back to pre preg. I am contemplating hiring a personal trainer to come to my home or meet me at the gym. Someone who really specializes in building lung function/stamina/cardiovascular health if such a person exists.

Has anyone ever used a personal trainer like this? I know when I was in peds hosp, they had physical therapists like this. I'd think they'd have people like this you could privately hire.

It seems to me that some of the 'older' cfers, or very healthy ones are ones that are very fit-specifically into running. I confess, I have never been into bc its hard for me. But its a goal of mine to get into it.

What types of exercise routines do you follow and have you noticed a difference? How often do you work out?

Do you think its worth it for me to go with a personal trainer/therapist?

Scarlett81

Hubby just got me a treadmill and I have a company gym membership that i never use....I know, I know. The treadmill is nice bc with baby I can just go in the basement during her naps and powerwalk for 20 mins. My gym has a daycare in it-I guess I could use it if I had to, but I'd rather use grandma. (only bc shes still so little and high demand)
Now that I'm 5 months post baby and I'm feeling up to really working out again, I was wondering which way to go.
I need to get my pfts up back to pre preg. I am contemplating hiring a personal trainer to come to my home or meet me at the gym. Someone who really specializes in building lung function/stamina/cardiovascular health if such a person exists.

Has anyone ever used a personal trainer like this? I know when I was in peds hosp, they had physical therapists like this. I'd think they'd have people like this you could privately hire.

It seems to me that some of the 'older' cfers, or very healthy ones are ones that are very fit-specifically into running. I confess, I have never been into bc its hard for me. But its a goal of mine to get into it.

What types of exercise routines do you follow and have you noticed a difference? How often do you work out?

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

M

moxie1

I work out almost everyday and I'd say that exercise helps me more than anything else that I do.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I do the treadmill or some other aerobic activity. I walk for 30 minutes at 4.1 miles an hour. Sometimes I alternate jogging and walking and sometimes I mess with the incline. I think the incline going up gets me huffing more than anything else.

I also have a mini trampoline. Now that is great thing for the lungs. It doesn't get me out of breath or even feeling like I had a great workout, but all of that bouncing always gets me coughing stuff up and usually I have little old dark pieces in it. The trampoline is the only exercise where I get old stuff up.

I personally don't think a personal trainer is necessary unless you need the extra motivation to get yourself moving.

M

moxie1

I work out almost everyday and I'd say that exercise helps me more than anything else that I do.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I do the treadmill or some other aerobic activity. I walk for 30 minutes at 4.1 miles an hour. Sometimes I alternate jogging and walking and sometimes I mess with the incline. I think the incline going up gets me huffing more than anything else.

I also have a mini trampoline. Now that is great thing for the lungs. It doesn't get me out of breath or even feeling like I had a great workout, but all of that bouncing always gets me coughing stuff up and usually I have little old dark pieces in it. The trampoline is the only exercise where I get old stuff up.

I personally don't think a personal trainer is necessary unless you need the extra motivation to get yourself moving.

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

JORDYSMOM

Exercising is the best medicine I think. Jordan (my CFer) has been weight training for a couple of years now. Since he has built up muscle, and therefore increased his BMI, he is healthier than he's ever been. We just bought a treadmill too. Our entire family is going to get in better shape. I used to use the one at work, but it is hit and miss when I will have time to do it. This morning I got up and did 15 minutes before leaving for work. That's all I had time for, so I will do 30 when I get home. My goal is to do 30 before work and after work each day.

I wouldn't hire a personal trainer either. That's just me though. If you can afford it, and need the extra motivation, go for it. Whatever gets you exercising! Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Exercising is the best medicine I think. Jordan (my CFer) has been weight training for a couple of years now. Since he has built up muscle, and therefore increased his BMI, he is healthier than he's ever been. We just bought a treadmill too. Our entire family is going to get in better shape. I used to use the one at work, but it is hit and miss when I will have time to do it. This morning I got up and did 15 minutes before leaving for work. That's all I had time for, so I will do 30 when I get home. My goal is to do 30 before work and after work each day.

I wouldn't hire a personal trainer either. That's just me though. If you can afford it, and need the extra motivation, go for it. Whatever gets you exercising! Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I used to belong to a gym, but rarely used the services. Just seemed like too much trouble to hop in the car and go there. Plus it was sooo crowded after work or during lunch.

One day, I just put on my running shoes and started walking thru our neighborhood, increased my walking time & speed, got a headset to listen to the radio. Then when winter hit, I purchased a treadmill with a reading rack so I could read magazines or watch tv -- though the volume has to be cranked up.
I like just being able to exercies whenever I want to instead of hopping in the car, finding parking, throwing my stuff in the locker.

I know a couple of my friends like going to the gym -- they were into spinning for awhile, boxing, jazzercise, but I really prefer just working out, by myself in my own little world.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I used to belong to a gym, but rarely used the services. Just seemed like too much trouble to hop in the car and go there. Plus it was sooo crowded after work or during lunch.

One day, I just put on my running shoes and started walking thru our neighborhood, increased my walking time & speed, got a headset to listen to the radio. Then when winter hit, I purchased a treadmill with a reading rack so I could read magazines or watch tv -- though the volume has to be cranked up.
I like just being able to exercies whenever I want to instead of hopping in the car, finding parking, throwing my stuff in the locker.

I know a couple of my friends like going to the gym -- they were into spinning for awhile, boxing, jazzercise, but I really prefer just working out, by myself in my own little world.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member