How many pounds should i gain during pregnancy?

jousha22

Experts from all over the world advise women with a healthy BMI *– 18.5 to 24.9 – to gain between 25 and 35 pounds.If you are overweight, it's recommended you gain between 15 and 25 pounds by the end of your pregnancy period,at a rate of approximately 2 to 3 pounds per month,mostly in your second and third trimesters.

hc scale is a need of your business

A

alegris

I gained 30 lbs when I was pregnant. I've never really had difficulty maintaining my weight (5'4", 120 lbs) but my doctor was obviously worried because pregnancy is a huge strain on a body already strained by CF. I didn't gain as much weight at the end of the pregnancy because I found it hard to eat. But the high risk clinic monitored my weight and the baby's weight pretty closely and she came out at a healthy 8 lbs. I did have an issue after birth with losing weight too quickly. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight about a week after giving birth. My doctors freaked out and suggested I stopped breast feeding which I did do. It's about a month now and my weight has stabilized but my doctors monitored me pretty closely to make sure I didn't keep losing. It's weird because it doesn't even look like I was pregnant at all. I wasn't expecting weight to be an issue at all AFTER birth so something to be aware of.

mamaScarlett

With my first i gained 18 but had an 8 lb 10 day overdue baby. And I felt great.
with my second i gained 25 which they were all happy about. Baby was 7'11.
I agree with PP that weight after birth is just as important esp if you choose to breastfeed. I also went back to my pre pregnancy weight within a week of delivering. Actually...more like days. Don't tell that to noncf mamas! For us maintaining weight is real important through this time. So eat up :)

LouLou

I gained 26 lbs. with my pregnancy that went to 39+4 wks. I gave birth ******lly to a healthy, 7 lb. 10 oz. baby boy. It is my understanding that cf moms have a greater risk for premature labor more due to fetal nutrition than respiratory involvement. In order to gain the 26 lbs I had to eat ~5,000 calories a day. I was PI but had NEVER had issues keeping weight on. I had a great pregnancy in every way but also experienced rapid weight loss in the days after my son's birth.

I think its a good idea to plan for 25-30 lbs and chart it out on a calendar with weekly weight gain goals. My doctor recommended front loading because often the 3rd tri mommy doesn't have much room for food in her stomach so she fills quickly. It's hard to eat when you haven't got an appetite. I didn't gain a ton in the 1st tri but worked agressively in the 2nd tri and then the 3rd was able to lighten up because I had worked hard at eating (LOL I know!). I still gained on track the last tri and never did have issues eating normal servings probably because I am long torso-ed.