how often do you go to hospital for check up?

Rebel

as i'm deaf, i goes to deaf boardering school, so everytime i have mid term break from school or holiday so on.... i go for check up. before i went to boardering school, i went to my local school for 6 yrs, i goes for check up every 2 months.how about you?

Mockingbird

I've always gone every three months... or at least I was supposed to, there were several times I got really sidetracked and lazy and ended up not going for a year (i don't reccommend doing that!) Jarod22 w/cf

anonymous

i only go when im sick...cause..our insurance doesnt pay for it..so..only go when needed...but im supposed to go like...every 3-4 months like Jarod~*Brandi*~

Rebel

"2sickkids" are ye from ireland or usa? and if you don't mind me asking, are your son sick at the moment?

2sickkids

usa yes my 6mo have liver disease some lung problems lots of gi problems he has been going in once a week fro 11 weeks now and was in the hospital all week last week my 2yr old is not as bad

2sickkids

yes it is CF related. They put him on meds to help in not get worse

anonymous

WOW! I did not know something like that could happen so young! I thought all these things that happen were caused over time! When was he diagnosed with this and what made his liver bad so early??? Sorry about all the questions. I have a 5 mth old! Thanks for answering them!!

2sickkids

Well he hadn't been doing well and two weeks ago his routine blood work liver test came back showing some problems. They tested again last week and the test showed it was worse. So they did other test and he has a lot of fat deposits in his liver. He just has a bunch of complications. The whole thing about CF effecting everyone different is true. Both of my sons have CF and my 2yr old has had a very hard time with it but my 6mo is much worse. I don't mind if you have questions go ahead and ask