How to Request Ambry Full Panel

tara

I have CF myself and I have 2.5 year old twins. 7 years ago my husband was tested for the CF gene, 26 mutations I believe, and it came back negative. I was satisfied with that and went ahead to pursue a family with him.

It wasn't until I got to this forum a couple months ago that I learned how many of you have received the Ambry full panel mutation blood test. My twins are not showing signs of CF, but you never know, right?

What is the best way to try and get the test covered by insurance? Do I have the pedi ask for it? Do I get a referral to my CF clinic and have them ask for the test? I don't want to pay for the test. I have an HMO in California (Pacificare) and the medical group is SIP (sutter independent physicians)

Anyone have experience with having your children tested? I am DDF508 myself.

Tara

tara

I have CF myself and I have 2.5 year old twins. 7 years ago my husband was tested for the CF gene, 26 mutations I believe, and it came back negative. I was satisfied with that and went ahead to pursue a family with him.

It wasn't until I got to this forum a couple months ago that I learned how many of you have received the Ambry full panel mutation blood test. My twins are not showing signs of CF, but you never know, right?

What is the best way to try and get the test covered by insurance? Do I have the pedi ask for it? Do I get a referral to my CF clinic and have them ask for the test? I don't want to pay for the test. I have an HMO in California (Pacificare) and the medical group is SIP (sutter independent physicians)

Tara

tara

Tara

tara

Tara

tara

Tara

tara

Tara

hbollotte

Your clinic should be able to contact your insurance and get it ok'd through them. My fiance got tested and his insurance covered the Ambry testing. All his insurance needed was something stating that I had CF and I was pregnant for his child.

hbollotte

Your clinic should be able to contact your insurance and get it ok'd through them. My fiance got tested and his insurance covered the Ambry testing. All his insurance needed was something stating that I had CF and I was pregnant for his child.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

blondelawyer

Also, go to the Ask Ambry thread on the Families page here. Steve from Ambry will be able to help you get the information you need, etc.

blondelawyer

Also, go to the Ask Ambry thread on the Families page here. Steve from Ambry will be able to help you get the information you need, etc.

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

tara

Thanks guys! You know, this didn't even bother me until I was in the hospital in April. My nurse has a daughter with CF and they said her mutations are unknown but her sweat test keeps coming back positive (with CF symptoms to boot!)

So now I'm second guessing myself and freaking out...what if...and if so, I'd want to know ASAP to get preventative started. My son seems to be healthy as an ox. Just like his dad. But part of me is a tad worried about my daughter. Always constipated, never loose stools. And she was so small at birth (not a CF symptom) but remains at the bottom of the charts. She has eczema but that's all. Not really CF symptoms. She's just tiny for her age, but she's 2.5 and she's been that way all her life, it's not like she plummeted to the bottom of the charts. In fact she climed onto the charts and has stayed there (5th to 10th percentile for height and weight)

Ok, I'm done convincing myself she does not have CF. But part of me still wants to get the test anyway. I'd rather have my husband tested (less traumatic) but I think we'd have a hard time convincing the insurance to cover it.

Tara

tara

Thanks guys! You know, this didn't even bother me until I was in the hospital in April. My nurse has a daughter with CF and they said her mutations are unknown but her sweat test keeps coming back positive (with CF symptoms to boot!)

So now I'm second guessing myself and freaking out...what if...and if so, I'd want to know ASAP to get preventative started. My son seems to be healthy as an ox. Just like his dad. But part of me is a tad worried about my daughter. Always constipated, never loose stools. And she was so small at birth (not a CF symptom) but remains at the bottom of the charts. She has eczema but that's all. Not really CF symptoms. She's just tiny for her age, but she's 2.5 and she's been that way all her life, it's not like she plummeted to the bottom of the charts. In fact she climed onto the charts and has stayed there (5th to 10th percentile for height and weight)

Ok, I'm done convincing myself she does not have CF. But part of me still wants to get the test anyway. I'd rather have my husband tested (less traumatic) but I think we'd have a hard time convincing the insurance to cover it.

Tara