Husband with CF, fertility options and costs?

mamaScarlett

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PoppaLung</b></i>
My 'such an existence' flat rocks: married to the woman of my dreams, daddy to the best kid on the planet (ok, moms and dads, you're all welcome to your own opinion, I don't want to do the back-and-forth email 'No, MY kids is the best on the planet!'... hee)
, and praising God that I get to go to work every day! Quit focusing on how much it sucks that David is gone, and realize that the rest of us on here have a unique perspective that makes us want to milk every last drop out of every minute of every day.

And passing that perspective on to the next generation is about the best thing a person can do.</end quote>

Perfectly put.
(i have the best kid on the planet by the way...haha)
Enjoyed reading your words, especially from the perspective of a dad.

Even when times are rougher than when you describe-I would never trade my place with anyone else, ever. And I know my husband and my family feel the same way, much more than I even do. My daughter is the light of our family, the pride of her grandparents and aunts and uncles, best buddy to her dozen or so cousins;She's done more and seen more fun exciting stuff than most 3 yrs olds, and is surrounded by love and the potential to be the brightest, smartest and most compassionate adult in the world someday.
Oh yeah...and she's a carrier.

mamaScarlett

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PoppaLung</b></i>
<br />My 'such an existence' flat rocks: married to the woman of my dreams, daddy to the best kid on the planet (ok, moms and dads, you're all welcome to your own opinion, I don't want to do the back-and-forth email 'No, MY kids is the best on the planet!'... hee)
<br />, and praising God that I get to go to work every day! Quit focusing on how much it sucks that David is gone, and realize that the rest of us on here have a unique perspective that makes us want to milk every last drop out of every minute of every day.
<br />
<br />And passing that perspective on to the next generation is about the best thing a person can do.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Perfectly put.
<br />(i have the best kid on the planet by the way...haha)
<br />Enjoyed reading your words, especially from the perspective of a dad.
<br />
<br />Even when times are rougher than when you describe-I would never trade my place with anyone else, ever. And I know my husband and my family feel the same way, much more than I even do. My daughter is the light of our family, the pride of her grandparents and aunts and uncles, best buddy to her dozen or so cousins;She's done more and seen more fun exciting stuff than most 3 yrs olds, and is surrounded by love and the potential to be the brightest, smartest and most compassionate adult in the world someday.
<br />Oh yeah...and she's a carrier.

Jet

I am a 48 year old male with CF. I've been married for almost 25 years. Each one of us and our situations are unique. I have two middle school aged daughters who think I'm a pretty good, cough or no cough, Dad.

Jet

I am a 48 year old male with CF. I've been married for almost 25 years. Each one of us and our situations are unique. I have two middle school aged daughters who think I'm a pretty good, cough or no cough, Dad.

Jet

wbj3nocala

I wasn't going to chime in but I decided too any ways. I turned 48 this past year. My first wife and I considered having childen and we'd decided on artificial insemination , IVF was too costly in the late 80s for us. The doctors in the CF Center tried to talk us out of it, how pompous was that? We have two lovely adult daughters now. I love my children so much and to think the medical profession attempted to talk us out of having childen. I've re-married and my wife and I have adopted two boys. One adoption is Guatemalan and we are right now in the process of completing a Haitian adoption. We had begun the adoption before the earthquake. So adoption is also an option for even folks with Cystic Fibrosis. International adoption can be less costly that all the IVF and other processes here in the states, just a thought.

wbj3nocala

I wasn't going to chime in but I decided too any ways. I turned 48 this past year. My first wife and I considered having childen and we'd decided on artificial insemination , IVF was too costly in the late 80s for us. The doctors in the CF Center tried to talk us out of it, how pompous was that? We have two lovely adult daughters now. I love my children so much and to think the medical profession attempted to talk us out of having childen. I've re-married and my wife and I have adopted two boys. One adoption is Guatemalan and we are right now in the process of completing a Haitian adoption. We had begun the adoption before the earthquake. So adoption is also an option for even folks with Cystic Fibrosis. International adoption can be less costly that all the IVF and other processes here in the states, just a thought.

wbj3nocala

I am sorry for the pain that I have caused all who read and or responded to my post. I absolutely, sincerely 100% want not to cause any pain to anyone. I hate CF so much and I am trying everyday to raise funds and awareness to CONTROL it. I wish my David was here and if he was just doing respritory treatments & taking pills everyday and periodical hospital visits, yet had as much of a full life expectancy as most do, than I would be less sad. David always thought based on his birth year that he would die around 25 and he died when he was 27 and it breaks my heart that he not only lived with the medical reality of CF but the mental aspect of that thought. So forgive me, everybody needs to do what is best for themselves. I wish you all the very best.

I am sorry for the pain that I have caused all who read and or responded to my post. I absolutely, sincerely 100% want not to cause any pain to anyone. I hate CF so much and I am trying everyday to raise funds and awareness to CONTROL it. I wish my David was here and if he was just doing respritory treatments & taking pills everyday and periodical hospital visits, yet had as much of a full life expectancy as most do, than I would be less sad. David always thought based on his birth year that he would die around 25 and he died when he was 27 and it breaks my heart that he not only lived with the medical reality of CF but the mental aspect of that thought. So forgive me, everybody needs to do what is best for themselves. I wish you all the very best.

Megprz15

I just wanted to quickly share my story. I have been married to my husband, Kevin, 31, with CF for 6 years. We tried since 2006 to get pregnant through IVF and egg donation. It was very expensive, and unfortunately, we were not successful. However, in January 2009, after a failed attempt at egg donation/transfer; we decided that we would adopt; and only 7 months later, we became the proud parents of our beautiful son, Casey. I do not regret going through the infertility treatments because it eventually led us to our wonderful baby boy. I am a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason. My best advise for you is to keep an open mind, and if IVF does not work out, there is always adoption. Adoption can be expensive too, but it is well worth it. There are not too many financial assistance resources out there that I know of, but I know many doctors have packages you can buy .. it sounds weird but like 3 cycles for the cost of $X, and if it doesn't work, you get a portion of your money back. You definitely have to be prepared for any where from $10,000 to $50,000 in costs for one or two cycles. It will all depend on your doctor and the medications you will need. Good Luck to you! Being a parent is the best gift you can ever get in this life!
Megprz15
BREATHE EASY FOUDATION
www.breathe-easy.org

Megprz15

I just wanted to quickly share my story. I have been married to my husband, Kevin, 31, with CF for 6 years. We tried since 2006 to get pregnant through IVF and egg donation. It was very expensive, and unfortunately, we were not successful. However, in January 2009, after a failed attempt at egg donation/transfer; we decided that we would adopt; and only 7 months later, we became the proud parents of our beautiful son, Casey. I do not regret going through the infertility treatments because it eventually led us to our wonderful baby boy. I am a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason. My best advise for you is to keep an open mind, and if IVF does not work out, there is always adoption. Adoption can be expensive too, but it is well worth it. There are not too many financial assistance resources out there that I know of, but I know many doctors have packages you can buy .. it sounds weird but like 3 cycles for the cost of $X, and if it doesn't work, you get a portion of your money back. You definitely have to be prepared for any where from $10,000 to $50,000 in costs for one or two cycles. It will all depend on your doctor and the medications you will need. Good Luck to you! Being a parent is the best gift you can ever get in this life!
Megprz15
BREATHE EASY FOUDATION
www.breathe-easy.org

Megprz15

<br />**
<br />Megprz15
<br />**
<br />BREATHE EASY FOUDATION
<br />www.breathe-easy.org

alabamamom

Hey Damndisease!
I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX

alabamamom

Hey Damndisease!
I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX

alabamamom

Hey Damndisease!
<br />I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX