I got to see my lungs today!!!

Anna,
CONGRATS! Looks like things have gone awesome for you - you are so beautiful!

Question, if you don't mind: what center in CA were you transplanted in?

My husband, Chris, is starting to consider (emphasis on <i>starting</i>) a transplant and we live in Arizona and are wanting to consider CA transplant centers.

Thanks so much for any help you can give & again, CONGRATS!!
Liz

Anna,

My husband, Chris, is starting to consider (emphasis on <i>starting</i>) a transplant and we live in Arizona and are wanting to consider CA transplant centers.

Liz

Anna,

Liz

Anna,

Liz

Anna,

Liz

Joblazer86

wow..... they wouldnt let me go touch them at UT southwestern in dallas when i ahd my transplant but they did take a picture of them for me and gave them to my mom after the surgery. mine looked really yummy!!!!!

Joblazer86

wow..... they wouldnt let me go touch them at UT southwestern in dallas when i ahd my transplant but they did take a picture of them for me and gave them to my mom after the surgery. mine looked really yummy!!!!!

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

Liza

Hi Liz! Anna had her transplant at Stanford. She did all her own research and came up with UNC Chapel Hill first but it was out of our insurance region. She'd have had to keep switching back and forth between West and North(or East, can't recall) or we'd have to cover 50% and she said OK, I'll just go to CA, then I won't have to switch back and forth.

We had a great experience with Stanford. The transplant clinic both pre and post were great. They still are even though we have come home to TX. I can't say enough about the CF clinic there. They were great.

I'll tell Anna to be sure and check in here, I'm not sure she's noticed there was a recient response to this post.

Where in AZ do you live? We lived in Phoenix for almost 5yrs. My husband was stationed at Luke AFB.

Good luck in your decision. It's definantly one that takes some time. I think Anna starting thinking about and doing her research gradually after she had to come home from her first year of college. When she made her decision, she was ready.

Liza

Hi Liz! Anna had her transplant at Stanford. She did all her own research and came up with UNC Chapel Hill first but it was out of our insurance region. She'd have had to keep switching back and forth between West and North(or East, can't recall) or we'd have to cover 50% and she said OK, I'll just go to CA, then I won't have to switch back and forth.

We had a great experience with Stanford. The transplant clinic both pre and post were great. They still are even though we have come home to TX. I can't say enough about the CF clinic there. They were great.

I'll tell Anna to be sure and check in here, I'm not sure she's noticed there was a recient response to this post.

Where in AZ do you live? We lived in Phoenix for almost 5yrs. My husband was stationed at Luke AFB.

Good luck in your decision. It's definantly one that takes some time. I think Anna starting thinking about and doing her research gradually after she had to come home from her first year of college. When she made her decision, she was ready.

Liza

Liza

Liza