Idea's for making money

blueschick

I am looking at raising $1600.00 to purchase...then donate 2 Tv's, dvd's to the hospital ward for adult inpatients with CF.

Does anyone have any ideas on quick, easy ways of raising this relatively small amount.

At this time I do not have the time or energy to do anything over the top.

Thanks
BC

blueschick

I am looking at raising $1600.00 to purchase...then donate 2 Tv's, dvd's to the hospital ward for adult inpatients with CF.

Does anyone have any ideas on quick, easy ways of raising this relatively small amount.

Thanks
BC

blueschick

Thanks
BC

blueschick

Thanks
BC

blueschick

<br />
<br />Does anyone have any ideas on quick, easy ways of raising this relatively small amount.
<br />
<br />At this time I do not have the time or energy to do anything over the top.
<br />
<br />Thanks
<br />BC

Faust

Why do you need 1600 bucks for two tv's and two dvd players? Regular standard definition tv's and even up conversion dvd players now are absurdly cheap. You could get a really decent, fairly large CRT based standard definition TV set for around 200 bucks now. And there are even regular no frills dvd players at walmart for like 30 dollars. Of course, if you plan on getting two flat screen 720p sets, then yes you could spend 1600...But do adult cystics stuck in the hospital really care about higher definiton dvd watching? Me personally, I would just be cool with watchin a flick on a regular 20 inch screen.

Regardless what you are thinking of getting...Car washes on weekends are a great way to earn cash fairly quick. It requires friends helping though.

Faust

Why do you need 1600 bucks for two tv's and two dvd players? Regular standard definition tv's and even up conversion dvd players now are absurdly cheap. You could get a really decent, fairly large CRT based standard definition TV set for around 200 bucks now. And there are even regular no frills dvd players at walmart for like 30 dollars. Of course, if you plan on getting two flat screen 720p sets, then yes you could spend 1600...But do adult cystics stuck in the hospital really care about higher definiton dvd watching? Me personally, I would just be cool with watchin a flick on a regular 20 inch screen.

Regardless what you are thinking of getting...Car washes on weekends are a great way to earn cash fairly quick. It requires friends helping though.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />Regardless what you are thinking of getting...Car washes on weekends are a great way to earn cash fairly quick. It requires friends helping though.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

cdale613

Or... try going around to electronics retailers and try to get them to donate merchandise that was returned and can't be resold out on the floor. Go the week after the NCAA final four when lots of people return too big TVs they couldn't really afford.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Or... try going around to electronics retailers and try to get them to donate merchandise that was returned and can't be resold out on the floor. Go the week after the NCAA final four when lots of people return too big TVs they couldn't really afford.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />27 m w/cf

krisgabes

i agree, believe it or not, a lot of stores are usually willing to donate money or merchandise for good causes however it does require proof. i would recommend speaking to someone within the hospital first in order to get their approval (and documented letterhead) to bring to stores and speak to their managers. stores like target and chain stores usually need to go through their corporate offices which can take about a week to get approval, but in the end it is worth it.

i intern at the family court and over christmas we were able to get target to donate $50 to go towards buying toys for kids involved in the system whose parents couldn't afford to really give them a large christmas. it is definately worth a shot. they usually want documentation though almost always so i would start with speaking to whomever you were planning this through at the hospital. good luck!

krisgabes

i agree, believe it or not, a lot of stores are usually willing to donate money or merchandise for good causes however it does require proof. i would recommend speaking to someone within the hospital first in order to get their approval (and documented letterhead) to bring to stores and speak to their managers. stores like target and chain stores usually need to go through their corporate offices which can take about a week to get approval, but in the end it is worth it.

i intern at the family court and over christmas we were able to get target to donate $50 to go towards buying toys for kids involved in the system whose parents couldn't afford to really give them a large christmas. it is definately worth a shot. they usually want documentation though almost always so i would start with speaking to whomever you were planning this through at the hospital. good luck!

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes

<br />
<br />i intern at the family court and over christmas we were able to get target to donate $50 to go towards buying toys for kids involved in the system whose parents couldn't afford to really give them a large christmas. it is definately worth a shot. they usually want documentation though almost always so i would start with speaking to whomever you were planning this through at the hospital. good luck!