In Case Anyone's Interested

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average. What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average. What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average.</end quote></div>
That doesn't surprise me either, based on how you've described their approach to treatment: reactive, wait until problems occur before doing much about them. We all know that by waiting, damage can occur that can be difficult to remedy! Examples like this is what makes the statistics valuable; knowing what is <i>behind</i> the numbers.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.</end quote></div>
That is another thing I enjoy about being able to access this info; the surprises you come across. Things aren't always what you'd expect and it's always good to be able to know what other options to keep in mind should you ever feel the need to seek another opinion. I know based on what I've researched for my area which clinics I feel better about and which I do not should we ever have to take Emily somewhere else for another look (though I sincerely hope that is never needed!), at least as a starting point. And some of those results had surprised me, based on what I knew about the hospitals in other contexts.

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average.</end quote></div>
That doesn't surprise me either, based on how you've described their approach to treatment: reactive, wait until problems occur before doing much about them. We all know that by waiting, damage can occur that can be difficult to remedy! Examples like this is what makes the statistics valuable; knowing what is <i>behind</i> the numbers.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.</end quote></div>
That is another thing I enjoy about being able to access this info; the surprises you come across. Things aren't always what you'd expect and it's always good to be able to know what other options to keep in mind should you ever feel the need to seek another opinion. I know based on what I've researched for my area which clinics I feel better about and which I do not should we ever have to take Emily somewhere else for another look (though I sincerely hope that is never needed!), at least as a starting point. And some of those results had surprised me, based on what I knew about the hospitals in other contexts.

hmw

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average.</end quote>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.</end quote>

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Local Clinic where we used to go -- not surprising. Below average.</end quote>
<br />That doesn't surprise me either, based on how you've described their approach to treatment: reactive, wait until problems occur before doing much about them. We all know that by waiting, damage can occur that can be difficult to remedy! Examples like this is what makes the statistics valuable; knowing what is <i>behind</i> the numbers.
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What was interesting was the clinic in the western part of the state is above average, right up there with the highly ranked ones where we go. About the same driving distance 3-3.5 hours.</end quote>
<br />That is another thing I enjoy about being able to access this info; the surprises you come across. Things aren't always what you'd expect and it's always good to be able to know what other options to keep in mind should you ever feel the need to seek another opinion. I know based on what I've researched for my area which clinics I feel better about and which I do not should we ever have to take Emily somewhere else for another look (though I sincerely hope that is never needed!), at least as a starting point. And some of those results had surprised me, based on what I knew about the hospitals in other contexts.
<br />
<br />
<br />