In dealing with CF,"We've come a long way Baby".

Scorp

Some fun facts, some humor, but most of all I hope I can share or help with a small problem you may be having..I was dignosed in 1959 I was 6 y.o. The Drs. loved handing out enzymes then, just as much as now. The first enzymes I was on, was called "Pantaric Granules" You sprinkled these awful foul smelling things on your plate of food, and "WALA" in about 3 minutes you could just pick your plate up and drink your food, and if that was not bad enough when you opened your bottle of enzymes to sprinkle them on your food everyone had to leave the table and go to another room the smell was HORRIBLE. Then of course everything you attempted to eat tasted as bad as the enzymes smelt. Also when you went to the bathroom you got to enjoy that great aroma all over again only now it was amplified. 2 times in elementary school they evacuated the first floor (after I had went to the toilet) trying to figure out where that terrible oder was coming from. Then soon after the LILLY company came out with this great capsule called, "Cotazyme". Well it was ok for the mass of the CF patients but my digestive system would not tolerate it at all. I could no longer take enzymes. Darn and I was just starting to enjoy it. I still can not take enzymes.
I have found after years of experimenting and several Hospital stays due to "Bowel Obstructions" (to the point of threatened with a permanent colostomy) I found when I feel a little sluggish while on the throne, I call my local Chinese restaurant and order a chinese take out, and again "WALA" with in 15 minutes (after eating) I am running to the bathroom. Problem solved. I wonder if I can send my insurance company the tab for my bill at the Chinese Rest ? Because that is saving my insurance tons of money. I have not been hospitalized for bowel problems in years.
One last quick note, I was told by a DR. I can not eat anything that comes out, looking the same as when it went in, (corn, carrots, etc.) I still do practice that.

imported_Momto2

Heheeh. I remember in the 70's I had to take these enzymes that turned my poo bright green......
I think I frightened a few people!

Anyone else here have to drink vivanex???

Jet

Green poo, yes. Vivanex no. My brother and I also had to sleep in mist tents. They pumped salt spray into this plastic tent that covered our beds. The thing was so loud you could barely sleep anyways. The bed would be soaked in the morning and the salt destroyed everything. It was awful.

scarecrow

I never took enzymes until much later but I used to hate having to sleep w/ the foot of my bed raised up and no pillows. I do remember some enzymes that were granules w/ a little spoon like a coke spoon. But since they tasted horrible and didn't do much good and were really expensive I never took them. Instead I was raised on a very low fat diet.

purple88

I have a miracuolous home remedy that almost completely solve my problems. It's drinking Sodium-Chloride solution !!! Just a little every day, I also inhale it (boil it then inhale) and it cured muy lungs, I tried it first a month ago and it was a miracle to me. I advice everyone to try it. It is probably so beneficial as the main problem with cf is actually not transporting water and electrolites through lungs, intestines etc. This was a true miracle for me I advice everyone to try it it can do no harm.
drinking Sodiium-Chloride solution for intravenouous rehidratation!!!A miraculous home remedy!!!