Increase Medication w/o doctor advise

hope0508

Is it okay to increase the number of breathing treatments when daughter has a viral infection even if the doctor doesn't prescribe it?

hope0508

Is it okay to increase the number of breathing treatments when daughter has a viral infection even if the doctor doesn't prescribe it?

hope0508

hope0508

hope0508

tara

As an adult, I increase my treatments from 3 to 4 times a day if needed. But my prescription of xopenex (like albuterol) says "every 4-6 hours or as needed." I would definitely at least put a call into the doctor because you want to make sure you're not doing them too close together. That's my only concern.

tara

As an adult, I increase my treatments from 3 to 4 times a day if needed. But my prescription of xopenex (like albuterol) says "every 4-6 hours or as needed." I would definitely at least put a call into the doctor because you want to make sure you're not doing them too close together. That's my only concern.

tara

tara

tara

S

sdelorenzo

We have always been told by my kid's cf team to do breathing treatments as needed. They always do 2 and they do 4 when really sick. Once or twice they did albuterol treatments every four-six hours.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

We have always been told by my kid's cf team to do breathing treatments as needed. They always do 2 and they do 4 when really sick. Once or twice they did albuterol treatments every four-six hours.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS's prescription for duoneb reads 4 times a day. When he was first diagnosed shortly after his birth, we did CPT 4-5 times a day, especially after he developed bronchitis at 3 months.

His doctor has told us if DS develops a cough or wheeze to "beat it out of him". So if he's feeling under the weather, we'll throw in another cpt/vest treatment, increase the time we do the treatment -- we usually do 3 a day -- 6 a.m., 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. -- so we'll add one around noon or middle of the night. We were told to maintain a 4 hour separation between the bronchiodialators. Oh and when DS did have bronchitis and we were doing the extra treatments, I'd also give him some mini-CPT treatments. When I was holding him, I'd give him a few minutes of CPT, sometimes during church... It seemed to calm him and sometimes he'd fall asleep.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS's prescription for duoneb reads 4 times a day. When he was first diagnosed shortly after his birth, we did CPT 4-5 times a day, especially after he developed bronchitis at 3 months.

His doctor has told us if DS develops a cough or wheeze to "beat it out of him". So if he's feeling under the weather, we'll throw in another cpt/vest treatment, increase the time we do the treatment -- we usually do 3 a day -- 6 a.m., 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. -- so we'll add one around noon or middle of the night. We were told to maintain a 4 hour separation between the bronchiodialators. Oh and when DS did have bronchitis and we were doing the extra treatments, I'd also give him some mini-CPT treatments. When I was holding him, I'd give him a few minutes of CPT, sometimes during church... It seemed to calm him and sometimes he'd fall asleep.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />His doctor has told us if DS develops a cough or wheeze to "beat it out of him". So if he's feeling under the weather, we'll throw in another cpt/vest treatment, increase the time we do the treatment -- we usually do 3 a day -- 6 a.m., 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. -- so we'll add one around noon or middle of the night. We were told to maintain a 4 hour separation between the bronchiodialators. Oh and when DS did have bronchitis and we were doing the extra treatments, I'd also give him some mini-CPT treatments. When I was holding him, I'd give him a few minutes of CPT, sometimes during church... It seemed to calm him and sometimes he'd fall asleep.