Increased ALT

robert321

I don't know any details of it, just what I heard the nurses saying during shift change just now. When they pulled labs today whatever the ALT is was a little high. The nurse said it was liver enzymes and that a lot of cfers have liver trouble. This is the first I've heard anything about me having anything wrong with my liver, is anyone familiar with this?
On a side note, all my other labs were good aside from crappy d and k vitamin levels and I still only culture a pseudomonas (sp?)

robert321

I don't know any details of it, just what I heard the nurses saying during shift change just now. When they pulled labs today whatever the ALT is was a little high. The nurse said it was liver enzymes and that a lot of cfers have liver trouble. This is the first I've heard anything about me having anything wrong with my liver, is anyone familiar with this?
On a side note, all my other labs were good aside from crappy d and k vitamin levels and I still only culture a pseudomonas (sp?)

robert321

<br />On a side note, all my other labs were good aside from crappy d and k vitamin levels and I still only culture a pseudomonas (sp?)

serendipity730

Hi,

If you are on IV meds, it is relatively common for your ALT or AST to be a little off. I believe that when it is triple the normal limit is when they get concerned. Your liver may just be having some difficulty keeping up with the infection and/or antibiotics.

serendipity730

Hi,

If you are on IV meds, it is relatively common for your ALT or AST to be a little off. I believe that when it is triple the normal limit is when they get concerned. Your liver may just be having some difficulty keeping up with the infection and/or antibiotics.

serendipity730

Hi,
<br />
<br />If you are on IV meds, it is relatively common for your ALT or AST to be a little off. I believe that when it is triple the normal limit is when they get concerned. Your liver may just be having some difficulty keeping up with the infection and/or antibiotics.

robert321

Good point about the meds raising the levels, hadn't thought of that. I guess thats what you get for listening to the nurses instead of waiting to talk to the doctor about it. I'll see what he says about it tomorrow

robert321

Good point about the meds raising the levels, hadn't thought of that. I guess thats what you get for listening to the nurses instead of waiting to talk to the doctor about it. I'll see what he says about it tomorrow

robert321

Dea

Also is very common for CFers to have a "fatty" liver which can also cause elevated liver enzymes. Mine have always been elevated.

Dea

Also is very common for CFers to have a "fatty" liver which can also cause elevated liver enzymes. Mine have always been elevated.

Dea