Infertility in man with cf

guywithcf

I have read few articles about infertility and they say that most of man (97%) a infertile. There are some with 3849-10kb C-T mutation that are fertile.

My problem is, that because of this i assumed that i am infertile, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. Now her period is late few days and i am getting scared. I was careful and pulled out but im not sure if i was little late... I'm not sure what gene mutation i have, but i think its F508? Is it possible that I'm in that 3%, that would be very bad for me right now. Her periods are usually irregular, she has epilepsy and i think she recently changed her medications, and was really stressed because exams so i though she is late because of that.

Do any of you have any experience with this? I'm planing to go get tested soon just in case, i remember doing it when i was younger, my doctor told me to do it, but it was really embarrassing for me in that time and i'm not sure if i give them enough to to test on :D i was really in a hurry to get out of there. My doctor didn't say anything about it, and i never asked him so im not sure if that results even exist.

iefisherman

A couple days late with all that goin on isn't much to worry about yet. But you should get your result, or get tested so you can do the deed responsibly. If getting a girl pregnant is bad for you right now you should at least wear protection. take this "scare" you are having and learn from it.

guywithcf

A couple days late with all that goin on isn't much to worry about yet. But you should get your result, or get tested so you can do the deed responsibly. If getting a girl pregnant is bad for you right now you should at least wear protection. take this "scare" you are having and learn from it.

I was planing on using protection, but i always have some problems with condoms, so after few tries we decide not to use them. After how many days should i be really worried ? I think soon it will be a week, she said she will get pregnancy test at the end of this week if she doesn't get her period. I just hope she gets it.