Inspiration Books

phutton

Happy Friday!

Are there any books that have inspired you? I want a new book to read! All recommendations welcome!

phutton

Happy Friday!

Are there any books that have inspired you? I want a new book to read! All recommendations welcome!

phutton

Happy Friday!
<br />
<br />Are there any books that have inspired you? I want a new book to read! All recommendations welcome!

mamaScarlett

The Help-Kathryn Stockett
-Set in 1960s Mississippi, about a group of young women who are dealing with racism in the changing south. Interesting, funny, heartwarming, book I did not want to end.
The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini
-Beautiful, sad, but amazing story of 2 boys who grow up in Afghanistan, from very different backgrounds and form a lifelong bond, and where they end up in life. The only book I've ever read that had me sobbing as though it were a movie, or real life.

Pillars of the Earth-Ken Follet
-Ken Follet writes these epic books with families' stories that span decades, and have pretty much everything. Romance, battles, fighting, good guys, bad guys, etc. He's a really good writer. This one is set in the middle ages. (1300s)

Fall of Giants-Ken Follet
This book is about how different families from 5 or 6 different countries around the world end up being all connected to each other around World War One. Its mostly a love story, but has alot in it, like history. Very interesting and a great love story.

Not sure if you've read Eat, Pray, Love. (who hasn't?) I found it very inspiring. Its an easy read also. Its almost cliche now to suggest someone read it, but its really a good book.

Happy reading!! (did you guess yet that I LOVE BOOKS?!)

mamaScarlett

-Set in 1960s Mississippi, about a group of young women who are dealing with racism in the changing south. Interesting, funny, heartwarming, book I did not want to end.
The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini
-Beautiful, sad, but amazing story of 2 boys who grow up in Afghanistan, from very different backgrounds and form a lifelong bond, and where they end up in life. The only book I've ever read that had me sobbing as though it were a movie, or real life.

Pillars of the Earth-Ken Follet
-Ken Follet writes these epic books with families' stories that span decades, and have pretty much everything. Romance, battles, fighting, good guys, bad guys, etc. He's a really good writer. This one is set in the middle ages. (1300s)

Fall of Giants-Ken Follet
This book is about how different families from 5 or 6 different countries around the world end up being all connected to each other around World War One. Its mostly a love story, but has alot in it, like history. Very interesting and a great love story.

Not sure if you've read Eat, Pray, Love. (who hasn't?) I found it very inspiring. Its an easy read also. Its almost cliche now to suggest someone read it, but its really a good book.

Happy reading!! (did you guess yet that I LOVE BOOKS?!)

mamaScarlett

<br />-Set in 1960s Mississippi, about a group of young women who are dealing with racism in the changing south. Interesting, funny, heartwarming, book I did not want to end.
<br />The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini
<br />-Beautiful, sad, but amazing story of 2 boys who grow up in Afghanistan, from very different backgrounds and form a lifelong bond, and where they end up in life. The only book I've ever read that had me sobbing as though it were a movie, or real life.
<br />
<br />Pillars of the Earth-Ken Follet
<br />-Ken Follet writes these epic books with families' stories that span decades, and have pretty much everything. Romance, battles, fighting, good guys, bad guys, etc. He's a really good writer. This one is set in the middle ages. (1300s)
<br />
<br />Fall of Giants-Ken Follet
<br />This book is about how different families from 5 or 6 different countries around the world end up being all connected to each other around World War One. Its mostly a love story, but has alot in it, like history. Very interesting and a great love story.
<br />
<br />Not sure if you've read Eat, Pray, Love. (who hasn't?) I found it very inspiring. Its an easy read also. Its almost cliche now to suggest someone read it, but its really a good book.
<br />
<br />Happy reading!! (did you guess yet that I LOVE BOOKS?!)

Liza

It's not new but definantly worth mentioning just in case you haven't read it. <u><b>The Power of Two</b></u>! Soon to be a movie.

Liza

It's not new but definantly worth mentioning just in case you haven't read it. <u><b>The Power of Two</b></u>! Soon to be a movie.

Liza

mag6125

If you want a good CF inspirational book try The Seven Letter that Saved My Life by Dottie Lessard, she posts on here sometimes. It's a great book but doubly so if you are or have ever been an athlete!

mag6125

If you want a good CF inspirational book try The Seven Letter that Saved My Life by Dottie Lessard, she posts on here sometimes. It's a great book but doubly so if you are or have ever been an athlete!

mag6125

Jeana

Any book by Francine Rivers. I just read the "The Lineage of Grace," which is fictional stories about Ruth, Bathsheba, Mary, Rahab and Tamar, but based on the actual events in the Bible. It was very inspiring and helped me to have a perception of what these Godly women may have experienced and felt.

Jeana

Any book by Francine Rivers. I just read the "The Lineage of Grace," which is fictional stories about Ruth, Bathsheba, Mary, Rahab and Tamar, but based on the actual events in the Bible. It was very inspiring and helped me to have a perception of what these Godly women may have experienced and felt.

Jeana

musclemania70

UNBROKEN which is on the NY Times bestseller list.

Non-fiction about a man in WWII who was a POW.
I couldn't put it down.

Plus, when you think its hard or you can't make it, being a POW makes my life seem easy.

If he didn't give up hope with what he faced, there is no reason why we should ever give up hoping for another day.

Great read.

musclemania70

Non-fiction about a man in WWII who was a POW.
I couldn't put it down.

Plus, when you think its hard or you can't make it, being a POW makes my life seem easy.

If he didn't give up hope with what he faced, there is no reason why we should ever give up hoping for another day.

Great read.

musclemania70

<br />
<br />Non-fiction about a man in WWII who was a POW.
<br />I couldn't put it down.
<br />
<br />Plus, when you think its hard or you can't make it, being a POW makes my life seem easy.
<br />
<br />If he didn't give up hope with what he faced, there is no reason why we should ever give up hoping for another day.
<br />
<br />Great read.

CountryGirl

Like my mom said, <b>"The Power of Two" </b>by Isabelle and Anabelle Stenzel.

I also just read a book called <b>"Heaven is For Real"</b> By Todd Burpo. It was super super good! And I dont like reading, it was a slow start but then it really picked up and I couldnt put it down. Also, its not a giant book, so its something you can read quickly and carry around easily.

CountryGirl

Like my mom said, <b>"The Power of Two" </b>by Isabelle and Anabelle Stenzel.

I also just read a book called <b>"Heaven is For Real"</b> By Todd Burpo. It was super super good! And I dont like reading, it was a slow start but then it really picked up and I couldnt put it down. Also, its not a giant book, so its something you can read quickly and carry around easily.