Insurance denying Dietician

MargaritaChic

Our insurance company is not paying for any charges related to the Dietician that sees her during her appointments at the CF clinic.

I called the insurance company and was told that CF is not on their list of conditions where they will cover a dietician. She told me what conditions it is covered for. It was a small list including: Diabetes and for people that have had Weight-loss surgery.

I am so mad. It is covered for someone who is overweight and has elective surgery? But not for my child that is born with a genetic illness that causes her to have digestive issues? Oh, I am SO MAD!

I am going to appeal the decision, but in the meantime I have to cover all of the charges.

I called the clinic and the doctor is going to write a letter to the insurance company.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions or have you dealt with this?

MargaritaChic

Our insurance company is not paying for any charges related to the Dietician that sees her during her appointments at the CF clinic.

I called the insurance company and was told that CF is not on their list of conditions where they will cover a dietician. She told me what conditions it is covered for. It was a small list including: Diabetes and for people that have had Weight-loss surgery.

I am so mad. It is covered for someone who is overweight and has elective surgery? But not for my child that is born with a genetic illness that causes her to have digestive issues? Oh, I am SO MAD!

I am going to appeal the decision, but in the meantime I have to cover all of the charges.

I called the clinic and the doctor is going to write a letter to the insurance company.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I called the insurance company and was told that CF is not on their list of conditions where they will cover a dietician. She told me what conditions it is covered for. It was a small list including: Diabetes and for people that have had Weight-loss surgery.
<br />
<br />I am so mad. It is covered for someone who is overweight and has elective surgery? But not for my child that is born with a genetic illness that causes her to have digestive issues? Oh, I am SO MAD!
<br />
<br />I am going to appeal the decision, but in the meantime I have to cover all of the charges.
<br />
<br />I called the clinic and the doctor is going to write a letter to the insurance company.
<br />
<br />Does anyone have any additional suggestions or have you dealt with this?

B

brewz2

Oh no, something doesn't sound right there, what insurance do you have?

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We were notified about 4 years ago that BCBS of ND wasn't covering it any longer as well. So when we'd go to CF clinic, we were told ahead of time and asked if we still wanted to see her. Think the out of pocket cost at that time was $50, so we continued to see her. It doesn't make sense either.

Being that we no longer go to that clinic, we no longer see a dietician.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We were notified about 4 years ago that BCBS of ND wasn't covering it any longer as well. So when we'd go to CF clinic, we were told ahead of time and asked if we still wanted to see her. Think the out of pocket cost at that time was $50, so we continued to see her. It doesn't make sense either.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Being that we no longer go to that clinic, we no longer see a dietician.