Interesting Novel about Character with CF

BreeAlysia

Not sure if anyone has posted this here or not... But there's a new novel with a character who has CF. She was diagnosed at 17. The character is based on a friend the author had in college. I just bought it, but I know the author said that copies were being donated to CF centers and she donated part of her advance to the CF Foundation, which I thought was pretty cool. It's called "A Life in Men" and you can find out more here:

http://www.ginafrangello.com/

I am guessing it's a pretty adult book, so probably not suitable for kids. Anyone read it yet? Thoughts?

ryry11

I'm excited to see how this is. It seems like, at least from the descriptions, it focuses more on the relationships that this woman forms than her "battle" with CF, which I think is really valuable to young women with CF; I know that many of us struggle with accepting that we are desirable becuase of our CF. Maybe to read a book where a protagonist with CF deals with normal relationship drama, we'll start to accept that having CF doesn't make us undesirable.

BreeAlysia

I'm excited to see how this is. It seems like, at least from the descriptions, it focuses more on the relationships that this woman forms than her "battle" with CF, which I think is really valuable to young women with CF; I know that many of us struggle with accepting that we are desirable becuase of our CF. Maybe to read a book where a protagonist with CF deals with normal relationship drama, we'll start to accept that having CF doesn't make us undesirable.

Yes Exactly!