Interesting....

Landy

The following is something that our SS teacher mentioned one time that I thought was interesting. I have not taken the time to verify it as fact, so I'm just assuming that it is.

The Middle of The Bible....

What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? (Answer - Psalms 117)
What is the longest chapter in the Bible? (Answer - Psalms 119)
Which chapter is in the center of the Bible (Answer - Psalms 118)

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118.
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118.
Add these numbers up (594+594) and you get 1188.
What is the center verse in the Bible? (Answer - Psalms 118:8)

Does this verse say something significant? I would say so.
Psalms 118:8 (NKJV) "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."
Now isn't that odd how this worked out... or was God in the center of it?

Landy

The following is something that our SS teacher mentioned one time that I thought was interesting. I have not taken the time to verify it as fact, so I'm just assuming that it is.

Psalms 118:8 (NKJV) "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

Landy

blackchameleon

what is interesting to me is you have not checked it out to verify this claim!! IF it is true then it is an amazing piece of editing!! or is it coincidence.......do do do do......... anyway, when the big fella says he wants to talk to me i will give him my 100% attention!!!

blackchameleon

what is interesting to me is you have not checked it out to verify this claim!! IF it is true then it is an amazing piece of editing!! or is it coincidence.......do do do do......... anyway, when the big fella says he wants to talk to me i will give him my 100% attention!!!

blackchameleon

markgw

This is just scratching the surface, have a bit of a dig through the work of Dr Ivan Panin, he discovered screeds of this stuff about the scriptures (infact this could be his work). When you want to talk to the 'Big Fella' he will give you 100% of his attention.

Rev 3:20

markgw

This is just scratching the surface, have a bit of a dig through the work of Dr Ivan Panin, he discovered screeds of this stuff about the scriptures (infact this could be his work). When you want to talk to the 'Big Fella' he will give you 100% of his attention.

markgw

blackchameleon

i have tried talkin to "the big fella" and he is a mute!! i know God talks to lots of people, they have told me, however God seems to be trying to confuse them by telling them different things!! i smell a rat with all this God talks me thinks...wink

blackchameleon

i have tried talkin to "the big fella" and he is a mute!! i know God talks to lots of people, they have told me, however God seems to be trying to confuse them by telling them different things!! i smell a rat with all this God talks me thinks...wink

blackchameleon

Mockingbird

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether the are from God, because many flase prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

And about your comment about God being mute:

"Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, 'Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.' But He answered and said to them, 'An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given it, but the sign of Jonah the prophet; for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgement, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgement and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.' " Matthew 12:38-42

You said when God is ready to talk He has 100% of your attention. Yet God has already spoken and you turned a deaf ear because it wasn't what you were looking for. Do you define God, or does God define you? A false prophet defines God and his god is worthless, for man cannot create anything greater than himself. However the man who is defined by God is made greater, for God is greater than man. Stop looking for where you want God to be, and start looking where God wants you to look.

Mockingbird

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether the are from God, because many flase prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

"Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, 'Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.' But He answered and said to them, 'An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given it, but the sign of Jonah the prophet; for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgement, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgement and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.' " Matthew 12:38-42

You said when God is ready to talk He has 100% of your attention. Yet God has already spoken and you turned a deaf ear because it wasn't what you were looking for. Do you define God, or does God define you? A false prophet defines God and his god is worthless, for man cannot create anything greater than himself. However the man who is defined by God is made greater, for God is greater than man. Stop looking for where you want God to be, and start looking where God wants you to look.

Mockingbird

markgw

hello Blackchameleon,
I think that it's amazing that you have made an effort to communicate with God. It shows you have sincerely questioned wether he is there, and I would be the last to knock that. If I was going to throw a scripture at you, It would be this from Isaiah;" Does the clay ask the one who shapes it, "What are you making?". I know there's a bit in there somewhere that puts it a bit more clearly, but the point is we all have a tendency to try to tell God his business and how he should relate to us. We seem to have the perspective that God owes us something, when in fact the opposite is true. I mean you would be a little surprised to discover the God of the universe was like a butler who remained unseen until we snapped our fingers. It is simple,but not that simple. There is the issue of sin, which I am sure you have heard of. A dialogue with God has to be founded in humility in an acknowledgment of our brokenness (sin) - not a popular concept these days. Or God can grab people in the midst of their degradation - It's up to Him. In my experience ( but not everyones) that communication may not be like a phone conversation or in the time frame requested. In fact I would say my understanding of God over the years has been more of a dismantling of my preconceptions about what I thought he was than learning anything new. getting back to sin, the problem is it causes us to separate ourselves from Him, not Him to hide from us, The scripture about Adam illustrates it well I think, Adam hid himself from God, God did not hide from Adam - calling out 'where are you' as if not knowing what had happened.
well that didn't come out particularly well, but i guess what I am trying to say is when you talk to God, look for him to interact in your life in a way that is personal to you rather than a voice from the Heaven's. It will be every bit as real, and you will see how well He knows you. I am pretty sure he will not feel too pressured to follow your instructions about the how's and when's, he never seemed too interested in mine. one thing I think is true about him - he is eager to reveal his compassion. look forward to hearing how you get on.

markgw

hello Blackchameleon,
I think that it's amazing that you have made an effort to communicate with God. It shows you have sincerely questioned wether he is there, and I would be the last to knock that. If I was going to throw a scripture at you, It would be this from Isaiah;" Does the clay ask the one who shapes it, "What are you making?". I know there's a bit in there somewhere that puts it a bit more clearly, but the point is we all have a tendency to try to tell God his business and how he should relate to us. We seem to have the perspective that God owes us something, when in fact the opposite is true. I mean you would be a little surprised to discover the God of the universe was like a butler who remained unseen until we snapped our fingers. It is simple,but not that simple. There is the issue of sin, which I am sure you have heard of. A dialogue with God has to be founded in humility in an acknowledgment of our brokenness (sin) - not a popular concept these days. Or God can grab people in the midst of their degradation - It's up to Him. In my experience ( but not everyones) that communication may not be like a phone conversation or in the time frame requested. In fact I would say my understanding of God over the years has been more of a dismantling of my preconceptions about what I thought he was than learning anything new. getting back to sin, the problem is it causes us to separate ourselves from Him, not Him to hide from us, The scripture about Adam illustrates it well I think, Adam hid himself from God, God did not hide from Adam - calling out 'where are you' as if not knowing what had happened.
well that didn't come out particularly well, but i guess what I am trying to say is when you talk to God, look for him to interact in your life in a way that is personal to you rather than a voice from the Heaven's. It will be every bit as real, and you will see how well He knows you. I am pretty sure he will not feel too pressured to follow your instructions about the how's and when's, he never seemed too interested in mine. one thing I think is true about him - he is eager to reveal his compassion. look forward to hearing how you get on.

markgw

hello Blackchameleon,