Is Anyone from Louisiana or Mississippi?

I live about 50 miles west of New Orleans. I have gone to Tulane ever since I was a baby. Ever since Hurricane Katrina, nothing has been the same. The doctor I was seeing, who used to participate in all the latest clinical trials, moved out of state. The doctor I am seeing now sees every single adult patient in the New Orleans area, and seems to have his hands quite full because of that. Lately it has been getting harder and harder for me to bounce back from infections. I've had very painful pleurisy in my chest for a couple of months now, and it seems that nothing can be done about it. I just think the doctor is at a loss for what to do with me. My grandma is worried that I may not be getting the best care available and that maybe I should try visiting some place else. But there is the question, of what place? and would Louisiana Medicaid pay for it? A friend of mine is going to try visiting Shreveport. I know that Jackson, MS is closer than Shreveport. So if anyone who lives in the South has a lot of pride in their CF clinic, please let me know! Thanks

Lauren (23)

I live about 50 miles west of New Orleans. I have gone to Tulane ever since I was a baby. Ever since Hurricane Katrina, nothing has been the same. The doctor I was seeing, who used to participate in all the latest clinical trials, moved out of state. The doctor I am seeing now sees every single adult patient in the New Orleans area, and seems to have his hands quite full because of that. Lately it has been getting harder and harder for me to bounce back from infections. I've had very painful pleurisy in my chest for a couple of months now, and it seems that nothing can be done about it. I just think the doctor is at a loss for what to do with me. My grandma is worried that I may not be getting the best care available and that maybe I should try visiting some place else. But there is the question, of what place? and would Louisiana Medicaid pay for it? A friend of mine is going to try visiting Shreveport. I know that Jackson, MS is closer than Shreveport. So if anyone who lives in the South has a lot of pride in their CF clinic, please let me know! Thanks

Lauren (23)

Lauren (23)

yeah, i've done that. I just want to see if I can find people who have been to them. I'd like to know a place by its reputation before I drive a long way for a visit. you know?

yeah, i've done that. I just want to see if I can find people who have been to them. I'd like to know a place by its reputation before I drive a long way for a visit. you know?

sarabeth87

I'm from Laurel, MS and I go to Jackson. If you went to Jackson, you'd see Dr. Miller. I really like her, but of course she's been my doctor just about my whole life. When I was 13, she moved to the adult clinic, so I saw a different doctor, but I just moved to the adult clinic and I see her again.

sarabeth87

I'm from Laurel, MS and I go to Jackson. If you went to Jackson, you'd see Dr. Miller. I really like her, but of course she's been my doctor just about my whole life. When I was 13, she moved to the adult clinic, so I saw a different doctor, but I just moved to the adult clinic and I see her again.

sarabeth87

sarabeth87

Oh and about the Medicaid, I could be wrong, but I don't think they would pay for a hospital out of state, but I could be wrong so don't take my word on it.

sarabeth87

Oh and about the Medicaid, I could be wrong, but I don't think they would pay for a hospital out of state, but I could be wrong so don't take my word on it.

sarabeth87

summer732

Well I had my transplant in New Orleans, and I know my doctor at New Orleans follows CF patients. So you might want to look into taking a look at Ochsner. They have a great team.

If you would like more info, please private message me and I'll talk about it with you.

summer732

Well I had my transplant in New Orleans, and I know my doctor at New Orleans follows CF patients. So you might want to look into taking a look at Ochsner. They have a great team.

If you would like more info, please private message me and I'll talk about it with you.